Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Truck world,Looking for a f150

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Truck world,Looking for a f150

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a truck for my work vehicle, I own a manufacturing company, and I don't need to be able to tow huge amounts of weight and it seems an f150 3.5l ecoboost is kinda the best vehicle for occasional towing and daily errands as they seem to have half decent mileage for a truck. From what Ive seen the 15' and 16' model years have been pretty reliable as well. I would love to find a truck with the hd payload package option, but that seems to be a bit of a pipe dream at this point as they are about impossible to find. Can you guys help me out with the following:

Pertaining to the 15, 16 model years:

1. Issues to look out for?

2. Payload options, what are the towing / max towing package options, payload capacity options?

3. Is the lariat worth the upgrade? The sunroofs would be nice as the black interior does make it feel like you are in a cave and some extra light would be nice.

4. Any words of wisdom?

5. My heaviest pulls would be an aluminum trailer and race car, although we do produce some equipment that weighs about 4k lbs.

Thank you!
Old 09-06-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

No notable issues for the 15/16 model year. The 2016 does get the Sync 3 entertainment system, which is an upgrade from Sync 2 which Ford has used in some of their vehicles since 2011. The Lariat is a nice upgrade, however alot of people go for the XLT 302A package, which is the top of the line XLT trim, and is a very well packaged truck. The sunroof is available on XLT's - although less common in my experience. Either the 2.7 Eco, 3.5 Eco, or 5.0 V8 should suite you well, I would recommend driving all 3 engines to make your decision. The 2.7 seems to return the best MPG, with the 3.5 & 5.0 about the same (from what I've seen).
Old 09-06-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the response. I haven't seen any used xlt's with a sunroof, stinks because that would be a nice option as the dark interior does seem cave-like.