General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advise

A month ago I bought a 2010 F150 Lariat 5.4. I drove it 1500 miles and the engine light came on. I was on the highway headed back into town. Camshaft positioning sensors. I drove it a few more miles and it started making these horrible noises, cracking popping, ticking, think i even hear some grinding. I have a warranty so I took it back to the dealer. They said " its doing what?? we just rebuilt that engine" So I let them take the truck for 10 days. They called me and said it was "fixed". Great, came an got it and drove it home. Drove it a week and it started making the same noises again. The just keep fixing it...but the fixes are only holding up for 400 miles or so. If I neglect the problem and drive it till it explodes the right way they may not honor my warranty. Should I trade this sucker in and get a different one? I love the truck just hate this going to the dealer every another week.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:31 AM

Oh and it stalls at random too I might add.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Underground Rock Hound

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I'd ditch it.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:28 PM

So I thought I's update my nightmare. I never had another chance to take it to the dealer the motor blew on me. I was driving down the highway and I lost all oil pressure and within seconds the truck shut itself off. I had to towed to a ford dealer. They said the rear crankshaft bearing burned up. It was going to cost me 8800.00 dollars for a new engine block. I said but its under warranty. Well...The warranty only covers up to 3000 dollars worth of repairs to the engine...

So currently its sitting at the dealer, I've always worked on my own stuff. This is the first and last time I will ever pay for a stupid warranty. I contacted powertrain.com and they said they could get me a rebuilt 5.4 ready to drop in for 3300. Thinking I may do that.

I also figured since I'm this far in might as well look into possible conversions. I see a lot of late to mid model 5.4 to 6.2 or v10 conversions, but nothing 2009+.

What are your thoughts on a 6.2 conversion for a 2010 f150.
I guess my biggest question right now is if the bell housings the same or do I need to look into a adapter plate? For things like wiring harness, computers and such I'm thinking maybe a wrecked raptor?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Triton54HD

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I think the 6.2 might not be as easy as you think. I would think you are going to need computers and such. I'm not sure.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 PM

Well I found this thread
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/engine...8/#post4203628

and one of the guys is saying the wiring harness would be a must. dual spark plugs. I have more than one car to drive. So I can spend some time on this.

Quick Reply: Need Advise