Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Ordered F150 STX gets picked up Monday

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Ordered F150 STX gets picked up Monday

Pretty excited.
Ordered on June 18th. Built at the Dearborn Plant.
Delivered to Calgary, Alberta.

Got a few questions though.
How much pickiness do dealers generally tolerate?

I went by the dealer, after closing, tonight to see how it was doing. Found it on the lot. It's all shined up and looks ready for me to take home on Monday.
I noticed some pretty nasty scratches in the 18" wheels, especially on the passenger side front wheel. One scratch goes right across the entire width of one of the spokes.

I'm definitely mentioning it to them when I pick it up, but I already know they are going to say "well, this is normal and it happens. It's a truck and you are going to do a lot worse to these wheels over the next month" (or something to that effect). Should I stand for that? Is that reasonable? I mean, I know where I'll be driving it and I know I'll **** up the wheels with scratches, dings and whatnot... but it doesn't sit well with me to accept something as 'brand new' that has very obvious blemishes.

Also annoyed that I called them 4 times before it arrived at the dealer and told, each time, "No Dealer Decal on the back and no front license plate nonsense"

What did they do? Ugly Dealer Decal on the back and a mounted front license plate bracket (they aren't required in Alberta) with a plate telling everyone where I bought my truck.

Typical. There's so much disconnect between the salesman, the financing department and the service department at dealerships.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dont tolerate anything with the damage, you ordered BRAND NEW, not new with wear and tear, dont take any crap and get a new wheel or wheels no matter what they say. It is not typical, it is careless of someones property.

Congrats and good luck.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why order a truck with 18" wheels?

Tell them to swap off the wheel for one that isn't scratched.
You can take the decal off easily enough.
If the plate holder is that big of an issue then take it off or have them replace it.

The scratch is the only real issue imo.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good salesman would not let that truck go with a scratch on the wheel. I wouldnt when I was selling cars. I sold a brand new hyundai santa fe one time. I always did a walk of the vehicle by myself before the customer took possession of the car, I found a huge gouge in the front bumper, I didnt hide it nor did I try to. I wasnt going to let it go like that. It was repaired and customers were pleased.

I wouldnt get angry or aggressive with the car place but definitely you bought a new vehicle, they cost alot and you deserve what you paid for.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Pitmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would definitely have them fix all 3 issues. Brand new vehicles are freaking expensive. If you are laying out that kind of cash you deserve to have it the way you want it and with no blemishes.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like all the others have said, you should have zero issues on a brand new truck you ordered. Years ago, well many,many years ago I purchased a new Camaro and I wouldn't sign the papers to take delivery until all of the dealer markings were removed. But I know from when I worked at a Datsun dealer (yes a long time ago) that the first thing we did with everything off the trucks was to put the dealer markings on them. I'm sure that's what they did to yours. That's some kids job there.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Get them to replace the wheel and take off the dealer decals before you sign the papers. Be nice about it of course, but those are not being "picky". Those are legit things that should be taken care of before sale of a brand new vehicle. And of course as soon as you take ownership, posting pics on here is mandatory
Old 08-19-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f40/alberta-f-150s-167408/

Come and join in Scotian. Be sure to post some pics of your new truck ASAP.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:17 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

How about not worrying about it until the truck is in front of you.... then if you see the damages, don't sign and deal with it then.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

Yeah, I'd make sure you get that wheel replaced. When you trade in a vehicle, they always point out all the scratches and dings to bring the trade in price down. Why should you ignore it on a new vehicle?

congrats on the truck

Quick Reply: My Ordered F150 STX gets picked up Monday