General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ole girl makin noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ole girl makin noise

Hey fellow ford drivers. I’m new here but have visited a few times for answers. Everyone has been quite helpful without actually communicating with y’all. Much appreciated.
So here’s my issue now. My girl is a 2008 f150 5.4L. I bought her almost 8 years ago with 90,000 under her. She’s NEVER done me wrong by leaving stranded anywhere and doesn’t owe me a thing. I changed her transmission at around 170,000 about 5 years ago beings I pull a loaded down enclosed trailer everyday for work.
She now has 265,000 miles under her and she’s starting to talk to me alittle bit. The tick tick tick under the hood is getting alittle more pronounced and I can’t tell yet but I think I’m starting to lose power when I accelerate also when sitting idling I can feel a slight cough(miss). I’ve babied my girl since I got her and I really don’t want to trade her for a younger model that’s more perky and prettier. (Shhhhh don’t tell her I said that)
So my question is do any of my ford brethren out there think it’s the timing or something else? If it is the timing do y’all think it’s worth the effort for a timing job with so many miles? Or should i just go ahead and start over?

Quick Reply: My ole girl makin noise