General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler Options

New to the site & just picked up a 2016, nothing special, 2WD 3.5 Ti-VCT. Love it so far except its too quiet for me. That leads me to looking into exhaust options, I've looked all over this forum and others for info/ soundclips on the 3.5 but no dice. So excuse me if there's a post already, I must've gone right over it.
I'm not looking for a cat-back system, just chopping off the oem muffler and replacing it with something else. Super 44's and glasspacks have crossed my mind I'm just not sure what'd sound the best with the n/a 3.5L. So if anyone has done this, or has any input it'd be appreciated!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Because nobody buys the 3.5 NA for sound nor does anyone drop money (in an attempt) to make it sound better.

It just won't happen or will sound like a fart can at best. You bought the wrong engine for that.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveLord
Because nobody buys the 3.5 NA for sound nor does anyone drop money (in an attempt) to make it sound better.

It just won't happen or will sound like a fart can at best. You bought the wrong engine for that.

Well, I didn't buy it "for sound" Just curious what options I had if any, I mean <$100 for a muffler isn't exactly dropping money into it, some cat back exhausts actually sound pretty good with the 3.5 so if I can get close with a just a muffler I'd be plenty happy, thanks for the reply
Old 03-12-2017, 09:15 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

You never until its done and you either like it or hate it right? The Ecoboost gets a lot of criticism as it is, but at least it has turbo whistle.

Congrats and Enjoy your new truck!
Old 03-14-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Probably won't be very useful since nothing is the same, lol, but my neighbor has a v6 Tacoma, ~07 maybe. He's got a Magnaflow muffler on his that sounds pretty good. Don't know what model, but any muffler shop should be able to help you figure that part out. Like I said, not very useful, lol, but I'd probably start there if it were me.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is a little more relevant in case you hadn't seen it. Doesn't sound too bad, granted it's a cat back, but it uses the Flowmaster Super 10 muffler so I'd imagine just a muffler swap would sound at least somewhat similar.

https://youtu.be/hnnTdscDvqE