General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy my first truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy my first truck

Hello, im looking for some opinions on what a nice truck would be for me. i was leaning towards a f150 of course which is why i am here, im only young and dont know a lot of knowledge on trucks, i would have a lot of reading to do. i am coming here to hear some easy opinions from you guys with a lot of knowledge on this stuff, i do construction work, mainly roofing (framing/siding/metal ect.)
i would like the truck to be able to haul a trailer nothing to expensive i would like to stick with a USED f150 as i aint to rich my budget would have to be below $10,000.
all opinions would be appreciated my ears are open!!

thanks, Josh
Old 06-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Josh, welcome to the forum. I do know what you mean when you say money is tight. My suggestions is to use www.autotrader.com, you can refine the search down to what you are looking for. This will give you an idea of where the prices are for the model years. If your going to use the truck for business purposes I would suggest a lower trim level, XL trim would be just what you may need. Remember, the lower the trim level the cheaper the price. So you may be able to get a newer model year for less money. After you find a few you can do a search for the payload, and tow ratings. A Ford is the best bet, I won't drive any other brand. Good luck.

Last edited by Wanted33; 06-10-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy my first truck