General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lift Questions

I've got a 2017 Limited 4x4 I want to lift. Here are my thoughts (so please feel free to criticize or offer advice):

- BDS 6" Suspension w/Fox 2.0 rear shocks
- Havok H109 20x10 -24 rims (impossible to find - they've been "backordered" since October 2017 with no ETA)
- Toyo Open Country ATII Xtreme 35x12.5 tires
- Bushwacker flares

I've heard great things about BDS with the Fox 2.0 shocks. I'm looking for quality and a good ride.
The only reason I haven't lifted yet is because my heart is set on the rims. No other rims look as good (to me).

I'd love to go higher and larger wheels, but fear so much trimming with 37's.

Thoughts/criticisms/advice?

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2018, 12:31 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Be sure to change out the gears in your differentials to compensate for the tire size change. If you don't, you'll be less than thrilled with your acceleration off the line.
The following users liked this post:
SolnaSean (03-17-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 AM

Received 391 Likes on 256 Posts

Unless the website's inventory is not accurate or I've chosen the incorrect wheel, I just found your wheels in-stock pretty quickly using Google:

https://www.americantrucks.com/havok...x10-04117.html

Last edited by Florida_F150; 03-16-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZeroCool
Be sure to change out the gears in your differentials to compensate for the tire size change. If you don't, you'll be less than thrilled with your acceleration off the line.
Yes on my last truck I had 34" tires and a body lift. I did not like it and ultimately ended up just downgrading the lift when the tires wore out. I found the truck too slow, could feel the strain on the suspension and the traction control would go off at the weirdest times (probably tire rubbing or something). To each their own, but I personally think that if you're going to do a lift you should be fully committed to it and get a proper suspension lift and change the rear diff. It can become a big investment (which I don't think is a bad investment per se, it was just money I didn't have).
Old 03-16-2018, 12:18 PM

Default Website is not accurate

Originally Posted by Florida_F150
Unless the website's inventory is not accurate or I've chosen the incorrect wheel, I just found your wheels in-stock pretty quickly using Google:

I tried to order through them and received an email roughly an hour later stating they were out of stock with a 6 to 8 week back-order. I asked them to modify their website to state this information. Trust me, I've tried to order through 20+ websites and have contacted Havok at least once a month since October. They say they are moving to a new location, hence why they have ceased orders for wheels.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:25 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida_F150

good looking wheels!!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by SolnaSean
I tried to order through them and received an email roughly an hour later stating they were out of stock with a 6 to 8 week back-order. I asked them to modify their website to state this information. Trust me, I've tried to order through 20+ websites and have contacted Havok at least once a month since October. They say they are moving to a new location, hence why they have ceased orders for wheels.
Ah, gotcha. So frustrating when the online inventory numbers aren't accurate. I assume you've tried this guys? (below). You never know some obscure place has 'em laying down in the back somewhere...

http://bestwheelandtire.com/havok-wh...-mr-6x135.html

http://quotes.sdwheelcorp.com/quote.php?quote=225265

BTW, I have a BDS 6" lift. Assuming you're going to have a shop do the install, I would talk with them about 20x10 wheels with that offset. BDS lists their recommended sizes that will fit, and the biggest is 20x9 with 5 - 5.5" backspacing. Not sure those wheels will fit anyway. Worth looking into.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:39 PM

Yeah, get so excited when I don't see the "Out of Stock" message, only to be shot down at the payment page or after I've ordered them.

To be honest, I saw this video and that's when I knew I was going to buy my F150 and wanted to resemble the truck in the video.

Appreciate the attempt at locating the wheels, though!
Old 03-16-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by SolnaSean
Yeah, get so excited when I don't see the "Out of Stock" message, only to be shot down at the payment page or after I've ordered them.

To be honest, I saw this video and that's when I knew I was going to buy my F150 and wanted to resemble the truck in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGub11emcso

Appreciate the attempt at locating the wheels, though!
Nice! While obviously not exact, my truck looks similar to the one in the vid:

Old 03-16-2018, 03:14 PM

Good looking ride!
The following users liked this post:
Florida_F150 (03-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Lift Questions