Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To level, or not to level

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To level, or not to level

That is the question.....

Ok, I have a 2012 Platinum 4x4, Sterling Grey. We are softball poor (my daughter plays select and is being recruited to play college ball), so I can't do everything I want to do at once.

I just bought a retractable tonneau (Bak Rollbak G2) and I'm going to get spray in bed liner installed at a local truck accessory store this week.

I could probably swing getting a leveling kit installed at the same time. No way I could get new tires/wheels by the Boss/Chief Financial Officer at the same time. Probably not until next year.

Should I get leveling kit now, or wait? I have the stock Platinum 20's and tires. Would it look weird? Does anyone have pics?
Old 02-02-2014, 07:56 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasboot
That is the question.....

Ok, I have a 2012 Platinum 4x4, Sterling Grey. We are softball poor (my daughter plays select and is being recruited to play college ball), so I can't do everything I want to do at once.

I just bought a retractable tonneau (Bak Rollbak G2) and I'm going to get spray in bed liner installed at a local truck accessory store this week.

I could probably swing getting a leveling kit installed at the same time. No way I could get new tires/wheels by the Boss/Chief Financial Officer at the same time. Probably not until next year.

Should I get leveling kit now, or wait? I have the stock Platinum 20's and tires. Would it look weird? Does anyone have pics?
I'd say wait... Really no need to level at this point
Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

http://m.f150online.com/forums/showt...805&styleid=16

Found this on google
Old 02-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Mark

Received 2,431 Likes on 2,129 Posts

wait till you can afford new rubber .. the level and alignment should only set you back $300.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 173 Likes on 116 Posts

just take the blocks out from the rear leafsprings = free, and it levels the truck perfectly. Easy to do too and you don't have to mess with alignment (plus since it isn't raising the front end it won't affect gas mileage). and if all that isn't enough, it brings the tailgate a little lower.

there's a couple threads on this with lots of pictures. I did it to mine and love both look and the ride (and not having that rake)

edit: https://www.f150forum.com/f38/rear-b...emoved-223667/

you don't need to get new u bolts, but if I can find the 4x2 bolts I may get them anyway just b/c I don't like how low the threads hang (hate to bend one on a rock)

Last edited by Cowpig; 02-02-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

That's what I did to mine because I wanted it leveled and didn't want larger tires to take away from my fuel mileage.

Quick Reply: To level, or not to level