Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jump Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jump Seats

Hi guys!

I have a 2013 F-150 with a jump seat. I grew up in my dad's 1997 F-150 with a bench seat and loved it. I do not care for the jump seat since the console has very little room due to the seat belt mechanism and the cell phone holder is a lot smaller than my droid and is unnecessary. Secondly, the head rest is very obstructive for me when the seat is up (I removed it, but still) since I am short.

At first I was trying to figure out a way to install a bench seat, but I see no use in having to replace the entirety of the front seats. So I was looking through eBay and saw a lot of chevy jump seats that I like the style of. Such as this one: 2014 2015 Chevy Silverado Sierra Avalanche Suburban Tahoe Yukon Jumpseat | eBay

Has anyone ever installed a jump seat from a different car manufacturer in their Ford? I tried e-mailing one of the sellers and was told he would not sell it to someone putting it in a Ford since it is designed for a Chevy. However, I am assuming I can fabricate mounting brackets if necessary...or am I just dreaming of something that is not going to work?

Any information would be appreciated!
Old 08-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Moved to General.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:02 PM

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Dreaming,you fab some thing have a wreck some body dies your up the creek,sell yjr truck and buy some thing factory made thats safe,dont matter the brand family matters
Old 08-23-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need to consider how you plan to retrofit the seat sensors for the airbags into the new bench.

-Nathan
Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure there are air bag sensors in the current jump seat. There are not even sensors for whether the seat belt is locked in when someone is sitting there; whereas, the driver and passenger seats do have sensors. So that would not be a problem.

I am not taking out the driver's or the passenger's seat. I am just looking to replace the current jump seat with a different one that is not as obstructive to me. I am not making a bench seat.

Quick Reply: Jump Seats