General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's begun !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's begun !!!

So, I just recently purchased a 1998 F150 4.6L 4x4 XL. Truck is clean in and out. Anyways, I am sitting at work yesterday and one of my young employee's walks in and starts dissing my truck. He goes on and on about his 2005 Dodge Rammer and how it has all the bells and whistles and my truck is so plain. Then he goes on to ask if he could possibly get a raise. I laughed and told him we would discuss it later.

Long story short, I get a call at 8 pm last night from him. Needs help, got stuck in a coworkers back yard helping him move. So, I cruise up the road, hook the chain up to the rear end of my truck and pull him out. The boy actually had the nerve to look at me and say" This does not mean I still like your truck. My response was " Son you should have learned three things today. 1. Never Ever diss the bosses truck. 2. The only raise I see you getting is a lift kit for that Dodge so you don't bottom out. and number 3. Never send a boy in a Dodge rammer to do a job that requires a man and an F150. I then got in my truck and left, laughed so hard all the way home my side hurt.

Dave
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Going Postal!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernMD
So, I just recently purchased a 1998 F150 4.6L 4x4 XL. Truck is clean in and out. Anyways, I am sitting at work yesterday and one of my young employee's walks in and starts dissing my truck. He goes on and on about his 2005 Dodge Rammer and how it has all the bells and whistles and my truck is so plain. Then he goes on to ask if he could possibly get a raise. I laughed and told him we would discuss it later.

Long story short, I get a call at 8 pm last night from him. Needs help, got stuck in a coworkers back yard helping him move. So, I cruise up the road, hook the chain up to the rear end of my truck and pull him out. The boy actually had the nerve to look at me and say" This does not mean I still like your truck. My response was " Son you should have learned three things today. 1. Never Ever diss the bosses truck. 2. The only raise I see you getting is a lift kit for that Dodge so you don't bottom out. and number 3. Never send a boy in a Dodge rammer to do a job that requires a man and an F150. I then got in my truck and left, laughed so hard all the way home my side hurt.

Dave

Thats awesome to hear. I have a chevy KID at work and all he does is talk smack about ford. This coming from him who owns a POS 97 S-10 and an even BIGGER POS 79 chevy 4wd pickup which he calls a resto mod...
Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHA, that is great. It must take some ***** (or just plain ignorance) to still diss the boss' truck after you came to pull him out.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

did he get his raise? lol
Old 05-31-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is cool... i had a friend of mine who had a 97 s10.. he used to brag on it all the time and i had a 94 mazda truck (ranger) and I could outpull him, put a whole piiece of plywood in my bed (side to side not length) and put a 20 hp riding mower in the back of mine and the bed never wagged, he put a john boat in his and broke a spring... i laughed again and again.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 AM

'morning Dave,

that was a lovely bed time story... I expecially loved the morals to the story. I can picture it in my mids eye when you tell him the only raise he is going to get is when he gets the lift kit to raise his truck... ha ha You should get him a new hat for work ->

I got a guy at work that drives a full sized Chev truck. He has the usual things to say about my Ford. blah blah blah

But at one point when no one else was around he did admit he liked my truck. Alot. But he is still a die hard Chev fan. Then again, I think he is a big Toronto Maple Leafs fan too.

Mitch
Old 06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Great story. I have a young Sailor who works for me who said she liked F150's, but you just can't beata Dodge Ram with a Hemi. I told her any day she wanted to line'em up let me know.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:57 PM

Quick pics of the Ram Puller.)))) She is clean in and out. Love this truck. As soon as I return from a business trip next week the mods begin.

Last edited by SouthernMD; 06-01-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

What are some of the mods you're planning? Gotta be careful of that mod bug because it bites hard and never shakes loose.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice story Dave!

Whereabouts in Southern Maryland are ya?
I hunt in the Snow Hill area.

Quick Reply: It's begun !!!