General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue with SYNC and Playing Music via Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Issue with SYNC and Playing Music via Bluetooth

I have noticed recently that my SYNC system on my truck won't let me play music from my iPhone via a Bluetooth connection. It has worked in the past despite a local Ford service person telling me that it wasn't an option on my truck. I can make calls with my phone on the SYNC system, so I assume the Bluetooth connection is made. I am able to play music by plugging the phone into the truck USB port, but that appears to stop Waze from working and I need that for traffic.

I have a 2015 F150. It has an older version of SYNC on it. I have taken a few pictures if that helps. A few things I have noticed is that the music note symbol is missing from the phone display when in the connection screen. Also I noticed a message about "Indexing Device" when in the music screen. That message didn't go away even when I disabled the USB connect and restarted the truck.

Has anyone else recently run into this issue? If so I would appreciate any advice on fixing it. Don't really want to goto the headscratchers at the dealership. I was assuming that a Master Reset was the next option that I need to try. One thing I didn't know about it was if I need to remove the navigation memory card before I do it. Also does it save radio presets or get rid of them also?

Thanks
Joe

Phone Information

No Indexing

No music on phone connect

Main display with phone connected
Old 07-22-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I would try 'Forgetting' and re-connecting the device...
Settings -> Bluetooth -> View Devices -> Select the Phone -> Delete
When you reconnect, it may ask to connect Phone,Media or Both make sure to select 'Both'
Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 AM

Already tried forgetting and reconnecting the device. Wish that would have worked.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:42 PM

Did a MASTER RESET on system and it fixed the issue. Guess this was just an isolated problem.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joedogpops
Did a MASTER RESET on system and it fixed the issue. Guess this was just an isolated problem.
How do you do a Master Reset on the system?
The following users liked this post:
taylorcreative (12-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Issue with SYNC and Playing Music via Bluetooth