General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermition rattle and shake? advice please

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermition rattle and shake? advice please

Not trying to beat a dead horse but i need some advice badly. I have a 2007 f150 with a 5.4 been reading about possible solutions to my problem and it is this. Sometimes my truck when coming to a stop will rattle and shake like it's a diesel or gonna die , but if i rev it up a bit will smooth out and runs great. Now i have changed timing chains, phasers, cam sensors, oil pump and while i was at it the water pump but my truck still does it intermitionly. Being on disability i just cannot afford to sink anymore money into motor, it does not smoke and runs great but just has this occasional rattle and shake. Any advice would me most appreciated i have read thru forums with people who have like symptoms but i am not having any luck.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:03 AM

Received 1,190 Likes on 966 Posts

Originally Posted by Bolin76
Not trying to beat a dead horse but i need some advice badly. I have a 2007 f150 with a 5.4 been reading about possible solutions to my problem and it is this. Sometimes my truck when coming to a stop will rattle and shake like it's a diesel or gonna die , but if i rev it up a bit will smooth out and runs great. Now i have changed timing chains, phasers, cam sensors, oil pump and while i was at it the water pump but my truck still does it intermitionly. Being on disability i just cannot afford to sink anymore money into motor, it does not smoke and runs great but just has this occasional rattle and shake. Any advice would me most appreciated i have read thru forums with people who have like symptoms but i am not having any luck.
https://www.f150forum.com/f12/engine...1/#post7435660

Quick Reply: Intermition rattle and shake? advice please