General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing tonneau cover with Line X spray in bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing tonneau cover with Line X spray in bed liner

I have a 2016 F150 which has a Line X spray in bed liner installed (was that way when I purchased). I recently bought a Gator tonneau cover and realized when I went to install it that the Line X liner is sprayed to cover the back lip (for lack of better term) of the bed where the cover would clip onto. I assume I can cut a notch into the Line X bed liner but am afraid of damaging the paint underneath and am not sure exactly where to cut in or how to. Has anyone dealt with this before and can offer some advice / tips? Many thanks in advance!
Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jstover24
I have a 2016 F150 which has a Line X spray in bed liner installed (was that way when I purchased). I recently bought a Gator tonneau cover and realized when I went to install it that the Line X liner is sprayed to cover the back lip (for lack of better term) of the bed where the cover would clip onto. I assume I can cut a notch into the Line X bed liner but am afraid of damaging the paint underneath and am not sure exactly where to cut in or how to. Has anyone dealt with this before and can offer some advice / tips? Many thanks in advance!
Don't have experience with that brand but installed a undercover tonneau over linex liner no problem. Are you saying the mounts are too narrow to go over the liner? It made no difference with the undercover mounts. Good luck
Old 10-14-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by dogtruck
Don't have experience with that brand but installed a undercover tonneau over linex liner no problem. Are you saying the mounts are too narrow to go over the liner? It made no difference with the undercover mounts. Good luck

I don’t have anything to connect the brackets to on the back of the truck. See attached
Old 10-14-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I would probably call the manufacturer and see if they can help. Seems like they may have run into this before.
The following users liked this post:
jstover24 (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Not sure which cover you have. I have the Gator SR2, with Linex and had no issues. Which cover do you have?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bigoltex
Not sure which cover you have. I have the Gator SR2, with Linex and had no issues. Which cover do you have?
Gator ETX soft tri fold. Just don’t see where I can clip the back brackets onto with this

Old 10-14-2019, 10:31 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

Nothing should clamp to the front? It clamps to the sides. What do your instructions look like?

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by lutter5-0
Nothing should clamp to the front? It clamps to the sides. What do your instructions look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1gsUPRQME
you know? I’m a complete moron. You’re right.

Quick Reply: Installing tonneau cover with Line X spray in bed liner