General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm a dumbass!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a dumbass!

I have read online and owner's manual but I CANNOT figure out turn by turn directionsI think I'll just buy a gps!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

How do I activate and connect to Traffic, Directions and Information?

In order to use Traffic, Directions and Information, you need to activate the service online, in your SYNC owner account, and then connect to the service in the vehicle.

You activate the service by registering online at syncmyride.com.

You connect to the service by pressing the VOICE button in your vehicle and then saying the voice command "Services."

If you are the second owner of a vehicle with Traffic, Directions and Information, or if you are adding the service to an additional mobile phone, you can purchase a subscription at syncmyride.com and follow the directions online to activate the service.

Standard or Updateable

Depending on whether your vehicle was produced early or late in 2010, Traffic, Directions & Information is either standard on your SYNC or your SYNC is updateable to include this feature.

Update: Traffic, Directions & Information Update

Upgrade Type: Software download and installation by owner.

Cost: None.

*Traffic, Directions and Information is available on select 2010 vehicles in the United States only, not available in conjunction with Navigation Systems.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

Driving with GPS is just like asking for directions, you may as well just put a skirt on roll the windows up so you don't mess up your hair
Old 02-21-2010, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Driving with GPS is just like asking for directions, you may as well just put a skirt on roll the windows up so you don't mess up your hair

I swear by my GPS. That thing saves me a TON of time by just putting me on the doorstep, as oppose to driving around and around.

However I do have that annoying voice turned off that tells you when to turn and what not. I just follow the highlighted roadway.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
This picture scares you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

Yeah and driving around in circles because the directions or map that you got are outdated or wrong is so manly... I would rather get there on time and save time than get lost...

GPS is good enough for all the military but not good enough for us??? I do keep maps in my truck and better yet know how to read them, but for ease of use I will use the GPSish map crap in my cell when need be. It to has been wrong, but has yet to get me lost.

Quick Reply: I'm a dumbass!