General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

in 2015 I bought a used 2013 f150xlt v8 5.0. This truck has been nothing but a problem since day 1. Year 1 I changed a blown water pump and multiple fuses and relays. In June 2018 my truck went into limp mode and kept stalling. When it would run it was barely. Towed truck to local mechanic shop and motor was blown. Replaced motor with used 1 from reputable dealer for $2,500. All said and done the motor swap cost $5,000 parts and labor. Got truck back and continue to break down. Changed coils and plugs AGAIN and had it tuned AGAIN still not running very well.( misfiring #3and #5 cylinders) don’t no why. Coming home from work truck went into limp mode and dash lit up with Abs light, hill descent fault, advance trac fault, and check brake systems lights all at same time. Can figure out what it is because 2 times I went to have lights scanned they magically show no codes. This gets better!! I went to start the truck last night and it was completely dead with a brand new battery.. charged the battery truck fired up and ran for 15 minutes before I shut it off. Tried starting it this morning and once again dead!! I’m guessing alternator?! I still owe $14,000 on my auto loan and I’ve put $7,000 into it in recent months. This was a ford certified vehicle and they won’t help because of course I’m out of warranty. I spend the majority of my life at work to have a good life and nice things, and that’s why I purchased a ford truck, which at this point I will never do again. I feel I am out of options, so if anybody can help in any way I am all ears. Thank you
Old 11-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Mark

Received 2,417 Likes on 2,118 Posts

Burn it to the ground and collect the insurance...
The following users liked this post:
JCR 56 (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Capable DIYer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow.....sorry to hear your frustrations. I can't offer much help other than to tell you I went from a 2011 Tundra....seems archaic to my 2018 F150. I hope something changes for the better with your truck because I love mine and couldn't imagine something like this.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Moderatorus Superus

Received 198 Likes on 154 Posts

If I were you I would get it into a good running state and trade it on something else.

You will lose but this truck sounds like it was bad and got worse based on what has gone on with it
Old 11-27-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 289 Likes on 236 Posts

Pick up an OBDII scanner you can connect to your phone, there's plenty of apps that'll let you read codes yourself. That might at least help you diagnose the issue, to me it sounds like you probably have a massive electrical gremlin somewhere that's causing many of your other issues.

If you can't track it down, just get the thing running and trade it in.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

Main problem is still owing $14K on a six year old truck that was purchased used. Doesn't leave you many options when things go sideways...
Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Moderatorus Superus

Received 198 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by icantdrive55
Main problem is still owing $14K on a six year old truck that was purchased used. Doesn't leave you many options when things go sideways...
I would have said the used motor.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:02 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

Wow still owe $14K on an apparently lemon and dumped another $7k into it to keep it running.
Might be a good reason why it was traded in by the PO.

Not many options except to fix every new problem as it arises.
At some point you just might squeeze all the lemons out of it.

Buying a used relatively new vehicle for big bucks without some kind of an extended warranty is a toss of the dice.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately I cannot trade it in because I still owe $14k and the loan is through a credit union. The credit union I borrowed from requires me to satisfy my loan before they will sign over the title. Mechanically I took very good care of this truck and still had/have these issues. I do not understand why ford would not help a longtime loyal customer in any way. It’s just sad
Old 11-27-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeyers262@gmail.com
Unfortunately I cannot trade it in because I still owe $14k and the loan is through a credit union. The credit union I borrowed from requires me to satisfy my loan before they will sign over the title. Mechanically I took very good care of this truck and still had/have these issues. I do not understand why ford would not help a longtime loyal customer in any way. It’s just sad
Nothing hard to understand. You bought a used truck that is now long out of warranty, why does Ford have to help you with a 5 year old truck?. You never said if you bought it in a private sale or from a dealer or how many miles were on it.

Buying used is always a gamble because in most cases you don't know how the truck was treated. Before you bought it did you get a dealer to run the VIN to see it's service history? Did you get a mechanic to inspect it before buying?

Quick Reply: I need help!