General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate people (rant...my truck got hit)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:34 PM
HAK

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thumbs down I hate people (rant...my truck got hit)

The scenario:
I had just pulled into the parking lot after grabbing some tasty *** 5 Guys burger and fries. Got the grilled onions, grilled mushrooms and of course some cajun fries topped off with a cherry freaking coke. **** was gonna be so tasty. It was stinking up my truck like something fierce. Yea I grabbed a fry or two along the way. All was good.

Until I return to work parking lot...

Oh no, not in the way you're thinking. Work sucks regardless and nobody ever wants to return to work but I digress. A little history on our parking lot for the ccorporate offices. The parking lot is not all that wide. with todays vehicles it can be a nightmare to manuever, unless you're a skilled driver. More on that later. So in this parking lot there are two spaces all alone and in the very far end. I've always parked in one of those spaces for over 8 years. I do this to keep my ride from getting door dings and away from everyone else in hope that it's safer there. I also back into that space to help minimize any chances of me hitting some car backing out plus it's just faster to GTFO.

Well today it proved wrong. It proved that no matter what I try and do I simply cannot have anything nice. Something, somehow, someway, ALWAYS seems to **** it up. My destinination for my 'safety net' parking space was interrupted by asshatism. You see, no matter what type of new fangled technology they pump into todays vehicles to 'help' the driver of 'aid' them in decisions will NEVER replace the operators own better judgement. Until vehicles are fully robotically Johnny-5 controlled and linked to the Matrix via fiber optics, I will always place blame on the human being.

What happened:
As I pulled into the parking lot I drive on down until I see the next available two spaces so that I can swing my big *** crew cab in easily. My plan and daily routine is to pull in then back out of the space so that I can reverse into my parking spot. Simply enough and something that I could do blindfolded almost. It's that routine. So I pull in and turn around. Being real attentive manuvering the land barge I start backing up. I slowly go a little ways pasising a few cars I notice a coworkers reverse lights come on but the brakes are also on. Uh oh I sure hopes she sees me. So I immediately lay on the horn. It's a loud MF'r. You know....a damn TRUCK horn! I didn't just 'beep' it either. I layed on that **** in hopes it would surely grab her attention!! The rear of my cab is almost directly behind her. Right after that I see her brake lights go off! Oh **** panic mode and time to go into defensive survival of the fittest ****. So I throw my truck down in Drive and stomp it. I layed some nice lines on the pavement. Even that didn't get her attention. She still hits me!!!

I get out furious like someone just ****ed my day up. Probably because that is exactly what happened. The conversation goes a little something like this:

Her: "I'm really sorry."

Me: "Damn! It's alright I guess but ....."
(trying to gather my head and not want to maul this lady)
(breathing deeply...trying to bite my lip)
(successfully bit my lip...it hurts...now double pissed)

Her: "'I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't see you."

Me: (Thinking to myself....Really? you think you didn't see me huh? What gave you that wonderluck of an idea?)

Me: "Did you not hear my horn?"

Her: "Well I got in my car and was trying to cool it off. I guess the radio was loud."

Me: (Thinking to myself...self, what does hearing have to do with vision?)

Me: "Well damn yea I mean I was right behind you backing into my spot. I layed on the horn and then I noticed you were still going to back up. I peeled out just in time I guess as you would of probably hit the cab and bed of the truck. Looks like you got my rear bumper and lower quarter panel of the bed.

(thinking to myself, this ****ing sucks like a mother****er and you just pissed in my cheerios.)

I then hop back into my truck, freaking LIVID at this point, and then proceed to back into my spot like a dog who just got it's *** whipped.

She pulls forward back into her spot.

We get back out and start talking about the damages and what to do. It goes like this:

Her: "Again I'm really sorry about this. I have State Farm so we can file a claim if you really want to."

Me: (trying to calm down some. It's just a truck. It's just a truck. At least that's what I'm trying to think positive and do lol. It ain't working and I'm still fuming pretty bad but I do good and hold it all back. I just start walking to the back trying to assess the damage and being quiet for second taking it all in. That's where she ****ed up....

Her: "Well to be honest...I mean...(trying to find a way to tip-toe into this)...it doesn't even look bad and you can hardly notice."

Me: (Thinking...oh hell I see where you're gonna try and take this. Oh hell no been there and got burned. never again.)

Me: "Um, (her name) no! Look at this bumper. It's pushed INTO the side of the bed of my truck. Now go look on the other side. Notie how my bumper is pushed OUTISDE the bed of the truck. No it's not supposed to look that way and yes it's very noticeable. Oh look here is some scrathes and scrapes along the bottom quarter panel area. Hmm that must of happened as I was trying to avoid you. (You know, like when I put the truck back into freaking Drive from Reverse).

Her: "Oh. Well I guess it being your truck you probably know more about it."

Me: (Thinking WTF did she just say? Like what kind of sense does that even make. Of course you can see the freaking damage.)

Me: Yea I mean I don't want to make you have to pay a crapload out of pocket on this...but yea....um I don't know. Is your insurance premium high? (Thinking maybe I'll just help her out...then I quickly snap back into reality from prior issues going down that road.)

Her: "Yea it's like $1000 I think. I've never had to ever file a claim...knock on wood hehe.

Me: (Thinking you're looking at over a grand to fix this truck and you can kiss that streak goodbye.)

Her: "I mean I'm really sorry about this. I just didn't hear you I guess. I even have those sensors that let me know when somethig is back there but I guess I didn't hear them either."

Me: (Thinking damn you're dumb. Not only do you rely on stupid 'electronic wonder do-all gadgets' but you still fail to understand that LOOKING WHERE YOU"RE GOING is part of driving, which just so happens to include parking lots. Whowouldathunkit'?)

Me: "It's OK. Just go on out for lunch and we'll deal with this when you get back."

Her: "What's kind of funny is that all the other girls in our department have hit someones car out her so I guess it was just my turn hehe."

Me: (You don't even want to know what I'm thinking of saying. I just bit my tongue and shook my head).

I go inside and didn't even feel like eating my awesome 5 Guys. I was sick to my stomach. Just sucks even though the damage is pretty minor compared to what it could of been. Now I get to go down to the beach next week with my truck looking like ****, then come back all to have so much fun taking it to the body shop, getting a rental POS beater for a week and all the other crap in between. It's an inconveinance I didn't expect today. To top it off this lady and I have had an 'issue' in the past relating to football talk so there was already this sort of wierd tension between us. So now there is no telling how it'll be lol.

After about 20 minutes or so of calming down, making phone calls etc, I finally get the stomach to try and enjoy my burger 'n fries. By this time they are super soggy and disgusting. But I'm a hungry **** and I cram it in there like the worker drone bot I feel like sometimes. About an hour goes by and I leave work and hit up Truman Fancher for my estimate. Over $1700 of damage for something that could of easily been avoided had she just paid attention. That is the problem with people driving today. They are on auto-pilot. I see it all the time riding my bike as I'm even more aware of my surroundings. All this new tech crap ain't gonna mean a thing if people are poor drivers. You can't help stupid. I understand **** happens and that includes accidents. But after getting out and then professing how her A/C or radio was too loud had anything to do with seeing **** that gave her no excuse.

I hate people. I have included some artwork for your amusement if you made it to the end. Complete with burnout marks

Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

Damn that sucks man
Old 08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Man I'm sorry, but I quit reading after the second paragraph. Maybe I'll come back to it later........
Old 08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
HAK

You're not missing anything. Just some dry humor and evil thoughts.

But yea it sucks. The body shop is supposedly real good with black colors so hopefully they do a great job.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Official Cool Guy

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had to read it all lol.

The picture errors out on my phone though.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

You coulda published a book on that one.

Life sucks sometimes.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Iowa Farmer

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts

...is your truck in the other spot in the pic? Looks like a black truck...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:09 PM
HAK

Nah that pic is a good few years back. The pic showed my old highlander in my spot but I blocked it out for illustrative purposes
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

UMMM, it shows HIS truck with arrows > > > > and then in green it shows "MY PARKING PLACE".........

Originally Posted by Hunttman01
...is your truck in the other spot in the pic? Looks like a black truck...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

man that sucks, some people are just so stupid for not looking where there going, and it does'nt help they make so tight *** parking spots. this past weekend i had to drop off a truck load of people from a wedding to a hotel and after i dropped them off i noticed i couldn't turn around this packed parking lot with out doing a 12 point turn so i was hoping i could just drive around the hotel and of course i could'nt so had to back out the parking lot to the road, and i've been in other parking lots where my truck has been park dead center and both my mirrors are wider than the provided space. they really need to stop trying cram all these parking spots in areas where theirs not enough room.

Quick Reply: I hate people (rant...my truck got hit)