Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to BLOW a Transmission!?! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to BLOW a Transmission!?! HELP

Hello All,

I bought a 2011 Ford F150 with about 143,000 miles on it. Of course after 143,000 miles the truck is starting to have some problems. Every time the truck shifts gears there is a massive jolt. The other day while I eased on the gas coming off a read light and the car jolted so hard that one of the passengers thought we got rear ended. The problem is really annoying so I tried to get it fixed. My warranty is ending in two months so I went over to the dealership but you know how they are, they wont do anything until it is completely broken. I'd rather not have the trans go out on me when im going 70 down the freeway so I need to blow it in order to get a new one ASAP. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to how I can blow my transmission without making it terribly obvious that it was done intentionally.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Cam
Old 06-24-2014, 05:54 AM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Mine was doing the same thing close to the same mileage. I got a Ford tech to "reflash" the transmission for me free of charge (case of beer actually) and the trans has been shifting like it's brand new since.

Ask to speak to a drivetrain tech at your Ford dealer, that's what I did when my service advisor showed me how incompetent he is by saying each trans reflash is "vin specific" and there isn't one for my truck.

This is a common problem for this transmission that's easily fixed the majority of the time.

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Chrisj

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron Huard
Hello All,

I bought a 2011 Ford F150 with about 143,000 miles on it. Of course after 143,000 miles the truck is starting to have some problems. Every time the truck shifts gears there is a massive jolt. The other day while I eased on the gas coming off a read light and the car jolted so hard that one of the passengers thought we got rear ended. The problem is really annoying so I tried to get it fixed. My warranty is ending in two months so I went over to the dealership but you know how they are, they wont do anything until it is completely broken. I'd rather not have the trans go out on me when im going 70 down the freeway so I need to blow it in order to get a new one ASAP. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to how I can blow my transmission without making it terribly obvious that it was done intentionally.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Cam

Yeah, take down this post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

trying to intentionally "blow" your tranny is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.

x2 to going back to your dealership and having them honor the warranty and have the issue resolved.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

I believe this is called fraud...
The following users liked this post:
Anthony86 (06-24-2014)

Quick Reply: How to BLOW a Transmission!?! HELP