Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highboy/Lowboy

Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highboy/Lowboy

This might be in the wrong area, Sorry if thats the case.

I am looking at buying an old f250. I'm not exactly sure of the year. It's either 77 or 78.

I pretty much guarantee it's not a highboy, but what I am wanting to know is what actually makes the highboy, the HIGHBOY. I have read on a few other forums that the highboy was basically the same truck as the regular F-250, just with a block lift on the axles. Is their any truth to that statement?

Also, if anyone knows of an easy way to lift an old 250, could you let me know. I'm more into the lowered pickups, but I just can't bring myself to even consider putting a 400, 4-speed on the ground.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
mmmm.....

is it 4x4? and if its 77-78 it should have straight axle w/ leafs F&R. get lift springs. then youll of course have to change some linkage stuff... i.e. brake lines, drop down steering components, etc.,

but good choice on the truck, i love that year 250.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 AM

Default ---update---

My bad on the assumtion. It's a factory highboy. (good news). I don't really have the 600$-800$ for leaf springs at the moment. I'm going to start with a 3" body lift just to get the clearance for tires. It is in dire need of tires anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: