Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with oem power running boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 10:00 PM
ESI

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with oem power running boards

I have a friend at work, that has a 2010 Harley Edition F150. He's been having a problem with the passenger side step staying down.
I was wondering if anybody out there, knows who the oem company is, that makes the power running boards for Ford. I know it's not AMP, and the Ford dealer told him that they don't know who the company is.
I had a similar problem with my AMP RESEARCH steps, but AMP was great, and they diagnosed the problem as a bad module, and sent me a brand new one, at no charge what so ever. That did the trick, and I've never had another problem since. (Knocking on wood)
The Ford dealer told him, that they had no idea who made the oem running boards, but they could replace them for $1,700, A SIDE! They wanted $3,400, to replace both sides.. I have no idea why they wouldn't tell him who made them, but they said they didn't know, which sounds kind of unlikely to me, but who knows, maybe they don't.
So, does anybody here know who the oem company is? Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I have had a couple of them get gunked up from lack of care. I cleaned them real well with water and then as one guy powered them up and down I sprayed them with TriFlow a Teflon based lube, after some time and coaxing I finally had them working, but the guys in the shop just replace them and throw the old ones away.

Yes that is the Ford retail price per side it is ridiculous and that most sales reps do not bother telling the people of proper care.

I live in Iowa so I do not want to deal with that but you would think that if you brought it into the shop for a LOF that it would be a service point and lube it for the customer. I guess that give me something to talk to the owner and service manager about on Monday.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:21 AM
ESI

Originally Posted by albertschmitz
I have had a couple of them get gunked up from lack of care. I cleaned them real well with water and then as one guy powered them up and down I sprayed them with TriFlow a Teflon based lube, after some time and coaxing I finally had them working, but the guys in the shop just replace them and throw the old ones away.

Yes that is the Ford retail price per side it is ridiculous and that most sales reps do not bother telling the people of proper care.

I live in Iowa so I do not want to deal with that but you would think that if you brought it into the shop for a LOF that it would be a service point and lube it for the customer. I guess that give me something to talk to the owner and service manager about on Monday.
Thanks for the feedback. We've already tried all that. This powerstep likes to go down, just while you're driving down the road. Then it will retract on its own, but then go down again, while you're still driving down the road. Sounds like the same problem mine had, but he has the OEM POWER BOARDS. Just wanted to know if someone knew the name of the OEM boards, company.
Thanks again, for the feedback.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ESI
I have a friend at work, that has a 2010 Harley Edition F150. He's been having a problem with the passenger side step staying down.
I was wondering if anybody out there, knows who the oem company is, that makes the power running boards for Ford. I know it's not AMP, and the Ford dealer told him that they don't know who the company is.
I had a similar problem with my AMP RESEARCH steps, but AMP was great, and they diagnosed the problem as a bad module, and sent me a brand new one, at no charge what so ever. That did the trick, and I've never had another problem since. (Knocking on wood)
The Ford dealer told him, that they had no idea who made the oem running boards, but they could replace them for $1,700, A SIDE! They wanted $3,400, to replace both sides.. I have no idea why they wouldn't tell him who made them, but they said they didn't know, which sounds kind of unlikely to me, but who knows, maybe they don't.
So, does anybody here know who the oem company is? Any help, would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

What makes you think its not AMP?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:50 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

I always thought it was Amp and they even look identical.

Bestop was the only other company I knew that made powered boards.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

I am with the others they look like AMP boards.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:26 PM
ESI

Originally Posted by lutter5-0
What makes you think its not AMP?
They are wider than the AMP boards. They are not AMP boards, on the 2010 Harley Edition.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

Just because they are slightly different, does not mean they can't be built by the same company. Are the motors different?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:30 PM
ESI

Originally Posted by lutter5-0
Just because they are slightly different, does not mean they can't be built by the same company. Are the motors different?
Yes. That's what I've been told. They are not AMP boards. I just found out that they are made by a company called, (not sure on the spelling, but this is how it's pronounced) MICOK. They do not sell to the public. They will only sell to Ford, and yes, they are VERY expensive. So my buddies out of luck. He'll be better off just buying AMP boards, and replacing them.
Thank you for the feedback.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:00 PM
ESI

[QUOTE=lutter5-0;5249291]Just because they are slightly different, does not mean they can't be built by the same company. Are the motors different?[/QUOTE

Oh, and I should have also mentioned, that I called AMP RESEARCH, and they told me that they do not make the stock OEM running boards for Ford. Thanks for the interest, though.