Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find wheels for my F150....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find wheels for my F150....

Okay, so here's the criteria;

I'm looking for 20's....

They need to be all "black" to go with my blacked out / camo highlighted theme.

Personally, I prefer fat, heavy duty looking 5 or 6 spoke rims (both because they look more classic, and because they look "tougher" like an outdoors'y truck should look :-)

Here'a couple examples of the kind of wheel I'm looking for... kind of....

I like these, "except" that these are finished in teflon, and are not really black..... but rather, kind of a dark grey....

I REALLY liked these, "except" for the fact that they do not have any to fit a Ford F150 :-( I'm not sure if the chrome allen heads and logo would hurt the blacked out theme anyway...

Geez, I'll tell you, all black, 20", fat spoked wheels are sure not easy to find !

Any suggestions ???

Thank you,
Fish
Old 04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The teflon wheels are black, have you ever seen a set in person vs. in a picture? They actually do stay very clean, and look awesome!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I like the top set personally. Can ya drop a link to where and what they are?
Old 04-24-2008, 02:14 PM

Default Hey NGM....

Sure, they are made by American Racing Wheels; 20X8.5 FUEL TEF 6X135 +30

Oh I talked to Summit Racing, and I found that they have them in stock for our Fords, for $219 each.

So Ty, you say they are pretty much black, huh ? They guy at AR said they were more like a very dark gray.... Might still be okay, huh ?

Anyway, you have to admit, these rims do look tough..... Definately not "pretty boy" Toyota rims ;-) (I'm sorry.... But I'm thinking I might fit right in over here :-) LOL

Peace,
Fish
Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like it to me too!

My friends dad has those rims that you posted on his black 2500, and they look good, if anythign the only reason that they may look grey is because they are a flat fininsh insted of a gloss finish. I think you will have that with any flat black rim.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 PM
lucky13

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ok ive got a set of feuls and they have a chrome lip so my qeustion is what is the specific name for the all black
Old 04-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Default Well....

those are called the Fuel TEF (for teflon) ..... however, American Racing Wheels now tells me that the 20"s have been discontinued :-( So like, even if you could find a set somewhere, its kind of a risk should you damage one, your whole set is then worthless :-(

Hmmmm......

Been looking some more, and still can't find anything else "all black", with 5 or 6 fat spokes.......

Fish

Trending Topics

Old 04-24-2008, 07:17 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

look here if I understand their catalog all of the designs they have can be had in several colors, including black, and black chrome. I am looking over their designs and there are some sharp looking wheels here. Oh and they do have several designs that have five or six fat spokes,

http://www.aewheel.com/gallery_vehicle.cfm?id=97

Last edited by transmaster; 04-24-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM

Default Maybe it's just me.....

But I have looked at wheels, quite litterally for weeks now, and I have hardly found anything that I am even remotely interested in :-(

Those two examples I posted above, are the closest thing.... one is discontinued, and the other does not fit an F150 :-(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, a little while ago I had another brainstorm... Thought I might just step out of the box.....

Last week I saw a little truck, with nice (silver) paint, and tinted glass. The guy was also going for the "blacked out" look... no chrome anywhere. But I was kind of surprised to see that he had flat black, steel utilty wheels, and they actually looked good on the truck ! Anything but flashy, but they looked rugged, and went great with his blacked out scheme.

So, with that in mind, I thought.... Hey ! Those are probably pretty cheap.... and I wouldn't even have to buy tires.... I could get 17's, and use the stock tires on them, until they were gone. Maybe in the year or two it took me to wear out the stock tires, I could actually find some black, 20" alloys that I liked.....
So, I went here: http://www.4wd.com/jeep-parts.aspx?c...&plID=390&pg=2
......only to find out that they make every size you could ever imagine "except" the ones with a 6 x 135 bolt pattern :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe if I could find some of the 20" aluminum Ford wheels on e-bay, then have them flat (or satin) black powder coated ?

I dunno'........

I'm getting a headache now.

Peace,
Fish

Last edited by Fish Chris; 04-24-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about his one it is available in black, and black chrome

Last edited by transmaster; 07-09-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me find wheels for my F150....