General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight Problems

So I had a friend let me try some LED headlights he didn't like. I used them for a few days and noticed they flickered alot. Well, the drivers side went out. So I took them out and replaced them with my original Sylvania bulbs. Same thing, drivers side out. Put it in passenger side, was out. Put other bulb in drivers side and it worked.

I just went to Advance Auto and purchased two Sylvania Silverstar ultra bulbs. Went to the parking lot and installed them. Now, these bulbs are no brighter than my parking lights.

Truck is running fine, interior lights full brightness. I have no idea what is going on. Any help? I'm on the side of the road waiting on my wife to get here so I can follow her home! LoL
Old 01-04-2019, 11:51 PM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Just to clarify both headlights work, but they are really dim?
If so, 1. Check to make sure you are getting correct voltage to the plug. If the volts are correct tap the ground wire to the plug and find a good ground.

If the headlights are not working at all. Check to see if you are getting power to the fuses. If no power to the fuses the fuse box is burnt. That happened to me with a set of leds and had to get a fuse box off Ebay. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Headlight Problems