General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gopro and F150's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gopro and F150's

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. Any owners out there would like to share a pic of how their Gopro or similar camera setup is in there vehicle? I'm heavily considering this after the police department made a statement about not responding to car accidents if injuries are not reported. Also as an added bonus... Just in case I catch something else on camera - another wreck or something kind of crazy caught camera.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/24835...licy-confusion
Old 03-02-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

hmmm - never thought of putting mine in the truck. Interested to see what comes up.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:52 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I just use the suction cup off the fender when having some fun. That's it.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 367 Likes on 305 Posts

i loaded dashcam app to my android...now i got gps/torque/dashcam/phone in one unit...
The following users liked this post:
Fender (03-02-2014)
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 PM

Huh. That's not a bad idea Steve. I'm thinking though I might still get a Gopro anyways for when I ride my bike.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a cheap "gopro" type camera by Pyle sports I got for $40 of the internet. I have it suction cupped to a piece of Lexan in the tray on the dash. The camera has a movie setting, still camera setting and a in-car setting.
I figured I'd use it for skiing and so far havent gone yet this year so I put it in the truck.
Each time I drive I hit the record button and delete the memory card at the end of the day if nothing exciting happens.(nothing exciting has happened) It records 4-5 minutes intervals on the in-car camera setting.
It is a cheap camera and sometimes has a mind of its own but for $40 I dont expect much. Sometimes I can download to the computer and sometimes it wont.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 PM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

I haven't played that much with mine yet, but IIRC there is a rolling capture mode where it'll constantly record and save the last 5 min or something. Anyone use it before?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

In response to the video. I guess no one is considered at fault for the accident? How would insurance pay? Sorry I'm just a bit confused.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 PM

I'm not sure either how that's going to work out. This came out after city council turned down a vote three times to increase the tax to fund more cops in Las Vegas. I'm sure this is completely political. The vote was turned down because there is already a tax in place to fund the officers that was passed in 2002. I just want to make sure my butt is covered in case I do get into a wreck and it turns into a he said she said scenario. I know how I drive but after all... I live in Vegas where a lot of people want to scam others out of money. Hopefully with a camera in the truck I can prove to my insurance company I was not at fault for an accident (not that I want to be in one). I don't want my rates to skyrocket if something happens.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 542 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by haha
I have a cheap "gopro" type camera by Pyle sports I got for $40 of the internet. I have it suction cupped to a piece of Lexan in the tray on the dash. The camera has a movie setting, still camera setting and a in-car setting.
I figured I'd use it for skiing and so far havent gone yet this year so I put it in the truck.
Each time I drive I hit the record button and delete the memory card at the end of the day if nothing exciting happens.(nothing exciting has happened) It records 4-5 minutes intervals on the in-car camera setting.
It is a cheap camera and sometimes has a mind of its own but for $40 I dont expect much. Sometimes I can download to the computer and sometimes it wont.
How is overall quality of the recordings? I'd be interested in picking one up for 1/10th of the price of a gopro. I understand you get what you pay for but still worth a try IMO

Quick Reply: Gopro and F150's