Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go Ford!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Default Go Ford!!!

Ford just embarrassed the hell out of its pickup truck rivals
No, I'm not a 100% fanboy for Ford, but I am one for making money.

And Ford produced for me today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-...221136354.html

People have driven a Ford (F) truck lately.

And that — along with progress on a deep cost-cutting initiative by Ford CEO Jim Hackett — will likely leave investors encouraged on Ford’s outlook, finally.

The maker of the popular F-Series line of trucks said Tuesday it gained market share and grew revenue in its pickup truck category in the first quarter. With F-Series pickups being some of the highest margin products rolling off Ford’s assembly lines, it helped power profits in North America $300 million higher from a year ago. Strength in the equally high margin SUV category also supported Ford’s North American profits.

Ford benefited in the quarter from the introduction of the newly redesigned mid-size Ranger pickup. The momentum for Ford is a kick to the gut of rivals General Motors (GM) and Fiat, both of which released new designs for their full-size pickups last year in an effort to dethrone the F-Series. Ford plans to release a new Super Duty pickup truck before year end. An all-new F-150 will debut in 2020 along with a hybrid option.
Ford’s stock popped about 9% in after-hours trading Thursday on the back of the strength in the lucrative truck business. The company’s first quarter adjusted profits came in at 44 cents a share, beating Wall Street analyst forecasts for 26 cents a share.

“With a solid plan in place, we promised 2019 would be a year of action and execution for Ford, and that’s what we delivered in the first quarter,” said Jim Hackett, Ford’s president and CEO, in a statement. “We’re pleased with the progress and the optimism that it brings.”
The quote in Red may or may not be accurate, but it will sure as hell be controversial.

Enjoy!!
Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Just wait 'til they kill all their cars(except the Mustang) and shift to SUV's and trucks only like they promised.
The next earnings reports will be the opposite of this one.
Maybe they'll look at Honda and Toyota and decide that there's still enough of a car market to stop the foolishness before it's too late
BTW, I'm a stockholder too
The following users liked this post:
Blank102 (05-01-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shareholder also. Hoping they find a way to keep the Fusion at least. But happy for the result today, and happy with the investments in Argo AI and Rivian recently as I think those are some of the best in those spaces. Tesla is overrated and jury's out on Cruise.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Maybe they'll look at Honda and Toyota and decide that there's still enough of a car market to stop the foolishness before it's too late
Hey, what do I know, LOL?

But I expect the Wall Street Journal to know, and today's paper says that And:
As the sedan has fallen out of favor with many U.S. car buyers, auto makers have rushed to introduce cheaper, more diminutive sport-utilities to their lineups. These new offerings are aimed at giving customers a new entry-point into car brands as small-car and hatchback models—long the go-to for many first-time car buyers—are phased out. In some cases, auto makers are targeting younger consumers with smaller SUVs, only to find older drivers more enthusiastic about the models.

The subcompact SUV category barely existed a decade ago but has grown rapidly in recent years, from only one model in 2009 to roughly 16 this year, according car-shopping website Edmunds.com. It now includes nameplates like the Nissan Kicks, Ford EcoSport and Toyota C-HR.
But please don't argue with me, I'm just repeating business news. We'll see if Ford is finally ahead of the crowd. Or not.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/small-s...rs-11556184600

Btw, Ford up over 10% today. Go Ford, LOL.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:28 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Had a 2010 Fusion Hybrid, have a 2018 Fusion Energi. My info tells me that the 2021 Fusion model year will be the last one.

One thing to understand is that as you make SUVs nicer and more gizmos in them, and people moved from minivans to SUVs, and you cut down on the models of sedans, you sort of killed it off intentionally. Once Ford announced this, sedan sales started plummeting. Sort of you said it, it happens.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

And then this happens today:

https://www.autonews.com/regulation-...ssions-testing
Old 04-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Ford announced last year the end of the Fusion and Focus models in 2020, so not surprising to me. The sedan and compact competition is too great for Ford to be a part of, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan and lesser extent, VW, pretty much own that category. I look out the window here at work and the lot is pretty much SUV and truck with a smattering of smaller cars.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:09 PM

Ford announced last year the end of the Fusion and Focus models in 2020, so not surprising to me.
Maybe Ford saw this chart, and said uh-oh.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:48 PM

Received 2,962 Likes on 1,650 Posts

Ford's investors are encouraged...
Ford is making lots of money...
Ford is kicking its rivals in the gut...(I don't think so )

Its great investors are making money and Ford is making money...at the expense of poor build quality and a lack of recognizing issues with the 2018-19 model years.

Looks like a lot of propaganda to me.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

The SUV 'writing' has been on the wall for a couple 2-3 years now, but still the Canry, Civic, and Corolla stay in the top 10.
I don't know if you guys remember, but I think it was '07 when gas prices hiked up over the summer. American auto makers **** themselves and tried to get rid of all their remaining stock of SUV's and trucks. It also influenced a major change in their 30,60, and 90 day inventories . And fuel prices had returned either by the end of the summer, or shortly thereafter
Anyway, my long winded point is that Ford is taking the viewpoint that from HERE ON OUT SUV's will be not only THE hottest selling vehicles(outside of trucks of course) on the market, but it's not gonna change in any given 5-year period-and THAT IMO, is dangerous.
If fuel prices were to spike significantly($5+/gal) people are gonna run away from SUV's, and back to cars.
Sure, small SUV's get better mileage now, but they don't come close to the miserly econobox cars on the market. And the bigger point is, the public PERCEPTION-which is more important than actual reality when you're trying to sell said public something-, is that cars FAR outperform ALL SUV"s on fuel mileage
The day Ford kills its cars, if they decide to bring 'em back the next day, it'll be upwards of FIVE years before one hits the market.
The amount of time it takes from drawing board to coming out the end of the assembly line isn't short.
That's a MIGHTY BIG gamble.
Of course this is just MY $.02. As always YMMV

Last edited by yokev; 04-26-2019 at 08:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blank102 (05-01-2019)

Quick Reply: Go Ford!!!