General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FX4 or XLT??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FX4 or XLT??

Hi guys, been lurking for a few months. Nice forum!

I am in the market for a truck and have narrowed it down to a Ford. My questions is, what is the biggest difference between an XLT 4x4 and an FX4? I am looking at the two and wondering what would sway me to get one or the other. Price wise, they seem to be about the same.

Any insight to help me out would be great! Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Isn't the FX4 a 4WD??? That alone will probaby cost $3K+ more..
Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

The FX4 has the leather ooption, uinlike the XLT. It has full skid plates under it along with more off road suspension and some other minor stuff. If you can afford it i would go fx4 just for the leather alone, the skidplates are nice also.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
The FX4 has the leather ooption, uinlike the XLT. It has full skid plates under it along with more off road suspension and some other minor stuff. If you can afford it i would go fx4 just for the leather alone, the skidplates are nice also.
i was in the market for an FX4...the only problem was that all of the ones in the state of floriday were over 40K, and i was in the range of 35K so i went with an 06 lariat 2x4....if you can afford an FX4 like he said, then go with it for sure...it sits higher than the others, and yeah, it has the leather option, and some others that the xlt wont offer, like the captains chairs with the shifter between the seats (like in a car) rather than the traditional behind the steering wheel. also you can get the 20" ford rims with the pirelli scorpion all terrain tires.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:25 PM

Let me add this.... if you are going to use the 4x4 at all i would go with the FX4 but if you will just use the 4x2 then go with the XLT
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Let me add this.... if you are going to use the 4x4 at all i would go with the FX4 but if you will just use the 4x2 then go with the XLT
What he said. I knew I would never use the 4WD because I don't live in a snow climate and would never do any offroading with my truck so there was no need for me to pay the extra $3k - $4K for 4WD. I love my XLT and don't regret the decision at all.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

The sales guy I am working with is going to find one or two of each and present me with the options. I told him that I would go with either, but both would have to be 4X4. I do live in an area that gets snow and I plan on talking it offroad occasionally.

I found both in their inventory for under $38K. With rebates/incentives etc, I think I can swing it.

Thanks again! Hopefully I get one soon and I am sure I will be a frequent visitor on this forum!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:48 AM

Make sure you get lots of pics of your purchase.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:05 PM

The XLT can be had with the captain chairs as optional. If you guys want to know what this stuff cost, Invoice and MSRP, go to Yahoo Autos and click on Build a car, then follow the lead to Ford, click on that and the rest is simple. You can build your rig with whatever option you want to see what it will cost. This information is a must have for the informed buyer!!! The truck I wanted was just over $30K when I built in online with what I wanted on it, I found a left over 06 on a local lot that was $6500.00 below invoice, So you can see why I didn't hesitate to buy. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I can live with it, after all, it's just another work truck for me. I picked it up for $21K!!

Quick Reply: FX4 or XLT??