General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford RAV (Re Acquired Vehicle) Program

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford RAV (Re Acquired Vehicle) Program

Has anybody dealt with the Ford RAV Program with their F150. I purchased a new F150 Super Crew Lariet 4x4 last year and have had so many problems with it that Ford has agreed to do a Vehicle Replacement (RAV). I understand some of the concepts of the program but has anybody on this forum gone through this before. I decided to go to the internal division of Ford to address this issue as opposed to filling Lemon Law with my state. They sent me a package outlining how everything will work with them giving me full MSRP for my vehicle minus mileage charge up to my first reported problem (Transmission). I don't like the idea that I have to pay full MSRP for the replacement vehicle which has to be of equal or greater valve with no rebate or any other incentives. Seem's like their trying to get me to pay full MSRP for new vehicle in order for me to absorb some of the depreciation on the vehicle their taking back. I choose to work with Ford directly as opposed to filing Lemon Law which it qualifies for. I have always had Ford trucks but not one with this many problems that's why I'm willing to go back into another Ford as opposed to Chevy or Dodge which I have owned and will never go back to. Anyone know if they will negotiate in this program or is it their way or no way! Thank You.

Last edited by RobertW; 10-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this done with a Dodge, same program overall. You may end up with a purchase price lower than what a new vehicle would be. Full MSRP on your original vehicle + payments made (principal amount) + TT&L - account balance. It can be good IF you were not upside down to begin with. If you ended up getting 10k off your original truck + 3000 TTL+ you paid off another 5000, then you should be getting 18k off MSRP of a new vehicle. That is how my MSRP swap was handled. Look at it this way, you can get into a 2011 loaded truck which right now has small incentives and discounting for a pretty good price.

You will have little to no wiggle room off MSRP, they will still try to sell you upgrades, and you cannot take a program or demo vehicle. You can try for a true buyback where Ford will just cut you a check for what principle amount you have but you would need a lawyer and go through Lemon Law.

These are the experiences I have had under Texas Lemon Law and Dodge MSRP swap program.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 PM

Chit, didn't know they had a RAV program. My 04 F-250 diesel had SO many problems last year, 3 new short blocks in less than 2 months ("head gasket ~ or so they said~ then holes in the cyl walls, then mechanic did something wrong and she ate internal moving parts 2 blocks into his test drive, had 70K on it. Spent over $8k out of pocket. Ford Diesel Loyality Program paid all but about $2,500. NIGHTMARE of a time. I still feel like I got hosed and worse yet, it ain't right to this day! Don't NEED the diesel anymore, so back to gas I go pretty soon.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

i doubt your 5 year old truck would quailify, unless im misreading your statement and it was newer at the time of the problem(s)
Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3fords
Chit, didn't know they had a RAV program. My 04 F-250 diesel had SO many problems last year, 3 new short blocks in less than 2 months ("head gasket ~ or so they said~ then holes in the cyl walls, then mechanic did something wrong and she ate internal moving parts 2 blocks into his test drive, had 70K on it. Spent over $8k out of pocket. Ford Diesel Loyality Program paid all but about $2,500. NIGHTMARE of a time. I still feel like I got hosed and worse yet, it ain't right to this day! Don't NEED the diesel anymore, so back to gas I go pretty soon.

The RAV Program is only for vehicles that Qualify as Lemons. Unfortunately, your vehicle doesn't due to the age/mileage.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 AM

I know it did not qualify. Just one of the things, a dissappointment for sure. I would not of gotten ANYTHING back had it not been for the dealership in Indiana (lake Shore Ford). My initial problem started there, then upon my return to Seattle. The dealer here tried to say it was something else AND said it would "ruin his numbers" if they treated it as a warranty problem.... LONG LONG story. The shop manager in Indiana followed up with me like a month later, then asked for all my paperwork, he made a few calls to Ford and helped me out. Now that is one stand up guy! I should go back there to buy a new truck. He is THE reason I am still driving a Ford and buying another one.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by 3fords
I know it did not qualify. Just one of the things, a dissappointment for sure. I would not of gotten ANYTHING back had it not been for the dealership in Indiana (lake Shore Ford). My initial problem started there, then upon my return to Seattle. The dealer here tried to say it was something else AND said it would "ruin his numbers" if they treated it as a warranty problem.... LONG LONG story. The shop manager in Indiana followed up with me like a month later, then asked for all my paperwork, he made a few calls to Ford and helped me out. Now that is one stand up guy! I should go back there to buy a new truck. He is THE reason I am still driving a Ford and buying another one.

it is good to find a dealer that will take care of you. Sounds like you got lucky, as since you are so far away, they could of just wrote you off, as the chance of you being a return customer is not as likely to happen given the distance.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Geek-a-saurus Rex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobertW
Has anybody dealt with the Ford RAV Program with their F150. I purchased a new F150 Super Crew Lariet 4x4 last year and have had so many problems with it that Ford has agreed to do a Vehicle Replacement (RAV). I understand some of the concepts of the program but has anybody on this forum gone through this before. I decided to go to the internal division of Ford to address this issue as opposed to filling Lemon Law with my state. They sent me a package outlining how everything will work with them giving me full MSRP for my vehicle minus mileage charge up to my first reported problem (Transmission). I don't like the idea that I have to pay full MSRP for the replacement vehicle which has to be of equal or greater valve with no rebate or any other incentives. Seem's like their trying to get me to pay full MSRP for new vehicle in order for me to absorb some of the depreciation on the vehicle their taking back. I choose to work with Ford directly as opposed to filing Lemon Law which it qualifies for. I have always had Ford trucks but not one with this many problems that's why I'm willing to go back into another Ford as opposed to Chevy or Dodge which I have owned and will never go back to. Anyone know if they will negotiate in this program or is it their way or no way! Thank You.
What's not to understand?

You said they're giving you full MSRP for your truck too, right? That STARTED at $34,005, for 2010 Lariats, and they're saying to get to exchange your used problematic truck for a brand new truck at full MSRP, which is $34,110 for the 2011. A difference of $105. Comparing the added options your truck has to a new one with the same options would still not be that big of a difference.

I think going through a lawyer to take care of a "lemon" is going to cost you more than $105. You're actually coming out ahead at this point because you don't have to pay a lawyer to get your truck replaced, Ford is stepping up and taking responsibility and getting you a brand new truck, with updated features and possibly different engines for a possible difference of $105.

Even if you didn't get the "base" model Lariat, you get to match feature for feature and I'm sure the difference in price is going to be very close.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:16 PM

Default Ford RAV Hell

I am sorry but you should have pursued your case through your state's lemon law. I have been in FORD hell for nearly two years. My 2014 F150 wouldn't go into 4 wheel drive in the ice or snow, and the gas gage would fluctuate a FULL tank of gas!!!! Sucks to live in the Colorado mountains and have Ford not care if their customers die. I could be on 1/2 a tank and in less than 15 miles my fuel light would come on. I went through an arbitrator and won my case in December' Ford's engineer told the judge that Ford designed the gas tank to fluctuate that much !!!!!

After winning the case, I had a new vehicle by March. That was the good news. The REALLY BAD NEWS: Ford Credit (my initial loan was with them): 1) never supplied my credit union (my refinanced loan) with the first title, 2) never paid off the original loan for the original truck, 3) I had to take out a loan on the replacement truck, and 4) never provided a title on the new truck. Worse yet, I signed 2 different invoices with charges that are not authorized by the BBB/lemon law and was GUARENTEED that Ford in Detroit would issue a check to refund those charges.

Both the local Ford company L.H. Miller in Lakewood Colorado AND Ford RAV in Farmington Hills, MI refuses to respond and deal with this situation. The BBB has punted and I now have to go back to the original arbitrator to FORCE FORD to finalize this situation which they were compelled to deal with. Meanwhile, I have a truck 2 loans (one on a truck I no longer have and the replacement) and a loan company asking why they have no titles!!!!!!.

I feel very sorry for you because Ford and this RAV outfit is horrendous. And btw, its only been 17 months since my Ford nightmare in hell began. Good luck. Next time buy a Toyoyta!
Old 08-02-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by m ichael bozek
I am sorry but you should have pursued your case through your state's lemon law. I have been in FORD hell for nearly two years. My 2014 F150 wouldn't go into 4 wheel drive in the ice or snow, and the gas gage would fluctuate a FULL tank of gas!!!! Sucks to live in the Colorado mountains and have Ford not care if their customers die. I could be on 1/2 a tank and in less than 15 miles my fuel light would come on. I went through an arbitrator and won my case in December' Ford's engineer told the judge that Ford designed the gas tank to fluctuate that much !!!!!

After winning the case, I had a new vehicle by March. That was the good news. The REALLY BAD NEWS: Ford Credit (my initial loan was with them): 1) never supplied my credit union (my refinanced loan) with the first title, 2) never paid off the original loan for the original truck, 3) I had to take out a loan on the replacement truck, and 4) never provided a title on the new truck. Worse yet, I signed 2 different invoices with charges that are not authorized by the BBB/lemon law and was GUARENTEED that Ford in Detroit would issue a check to refund those charges.

Both the local Ford company L.H. Miller in Lakewood Colorado AND Ford RAV in Farmington Hills, MI refuses to respond and deal with this situation. The BBB has punted and I now have to go back to the original arbitrator to FORCE FORD to finalize this situation which they were compelled to deal with. Meanwhile, I have a truck 2 loans (one on a truck I no longer have and the replacement) and a loan company asking why they have no titles!!!!!!.

I feel very sorry for you because Ford and this RAV outfit is horrendous. And btw, its only been 17 months since my Ford nightmare in hell began. Good luck. Next time buy a Toyoyta!
Why did you necro a 6 year old thread? Beyond that a Tundra is an ancient design outclassed by virtually everything on the market right now. You also haven't been paying attention to the fact that Toyota has had more recalls in the last 5 years than Ford or General Motors if memory serves. Not only that but I believe their percentage of lemon law buy backs is higher in the same time period.

Last edited by Spamfritter; 08-02-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Ford RAV (Re Acquired Vehicle) Program