General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford OEM Tonneau Cover (2018) - Trifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ford OEM Tonneau Cover (2018) - Trifold

Recently purchased a 2018 Crewcab and the dealer installed a Ford OEM hard tri=fold tonneau cover. From what I have read, I believe the Ford cover is actually a Bakflip G2 Trifold.

I have owed the truck for 6 weeks and experienced unwanted water coming into the bed from rain and such. Again, it was installed by the dealer before delivery and I have been disappointed with the "weather-resistant" and water entering the bed. From the looks of it, the main areas of water is coming from the mid-section and back of the bed cover. Seems as if water is collecting and coming in where the "folds" are in the cover and of course the back. It doesn't pour in but water drips through the fold areas and makes things wet.

I contacted the dealer and made them aware of my water issue. They said the warranty is 2yrs with unlimited miles on an OEM Ford accessory installed by the dealer. I keep a lot of stuff in the bed and need things to be nice and dry.

Have others experienced water coming into the bed with a factory cover? My search online appears as if other folks with BakFlip G2 have been very happy with the "water-proof" qualities of their covers. Am I only in this? Could this be a result of the install not being done correctly?

Any help and insight of solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Ford OEM Tonneau Cover (2018) - Trifold