General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford f 150 lease ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ford f 150 lease ?

So i went in and seen about leasing sales lady first tells me that the leases aren't good unless u have great credit and the employee plan , i said i have neither she says well u can try and buy one they are easier to buy she says because ford would rather have you buy a truck then lease it. I showed them the lease specials in the paper to a different sales person there he says flat out oh no those are just to get u in here read the bottom u have to qualify for everything and 90 percent of people don't . OH ALSO SHE SAYS U MAY GET INTO A LEASE BUT THEY WILL WANT PROB ABOUT 5K DOWN , NO WAY ON A LEASE AM I PUTTING THAT KIND OF MONEY. ALSO I WENT TO OTHER DEALERS THOSE ADVERTISEMENTS ARE B.S i'm sure some of you got those deals just curious anybody have a low lease payment and anybody have a high lease payment ?

Last edited by fordman77; 04-26-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: change
Old 04-26-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Woodhouse Ford in Blair NE. 0 down, $229 a month, SCREW 4x4 XL sport
The following users liked this post:
fordman77 (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

If you qualify with all restrictions in the ad including the fine print they would have to honor the deal or you can sue them for false advertising and bait and switch. Or you can find a reputable dealer becase they sound like scum bags.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:49 PM

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Turned in my 2014 STX with 11 months left on the lease.
Ford paid off the remaining 11 months.
I stepped in to a 2017 XLT, 302 package with $0 down for 419/month.
fordman77 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 PM

Received 990 Likes on 667 Posts

I just turned in my `14 STX also, (I was buying mine). Just got a `17 XLT FX4 Scab 4x4 302A for 36 months @ $520 a month. Much nicer truck & with all the electronic doodads on vehicles nowadays, I just feel better with a warranty. YMMV
fordman77 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Leasing a truck would never work for me, as I use my trucks for what they were designed for; towing and hauling. Leasing would cost me a bunch upon turning it in, as the "normal wear" they allow for would be above that in my case, and I'd owe them.

Leasing has merits on non trucks IMO. I used to lease a BMW for the wife when I worked out of the country. They treated her like royalty with the free included oil services performed. The new vehicle small allures folks too. No worries of repair costs. And for most, more "vehicle" at a lower monthly payment These make leasing a good option. Just expect to make payments the rest of your life.

Leasing non-merits: Never lease a vehicle beyond its warranty. Makes no sense to pay for repairs on a vehicle that you'll be turning in when the lease is up. Avoid adding custom aftermarket parts, unless you plan to remove them before the leased vehicle is turned back in and sell them or re-use them. No sense letting the company you leased from have the parts for free. And making payments the rest of your life, for as long as you lease. Full coverage insurance is mandatory on a leased vehicle. This can raise your monthly payment outcome.

For me, i'd strongly consider buying a clean used truck. There are many to choose from. You can then customize them to your liking, and know its yours.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 04-28-2017 at 06:20 AM.
fordman77 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 AM

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

And mileage. Sucks to be watching the clock.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

You can find various lease vs. buy calculators on the web. In short, unless you are a business, or a Ford Employee/Retiree, leasing rarely makes financial sense. Too often people use leases to have vehicles that they really cannot afford.

Businesses write off vehicle expenses, which is why leases can work for them. Ford Employees/Retirees get preferential lease rates that the general public cannot get.

When you evaluate a lease, you need to understand the money factor plus the end of lease valuation. Also the mileage you will drive over the lease term, because exceeding the mileage can get very expensive.

Ford's Red Carpet Lease does have restrictions on qualifications that people often cannot meet. Example - my young 20 something son recently got a job in another state and moved there. He went to buy a vehicle and discovered that, as he had been told, Ford employees and their families do get preferential treatment (other son works for Ford Credit). He also learned that as a recent college grad with good credit but no real earning history, without the employee connection he would not qualify for a loan to buy the vehicle or leasing the vehicle, but because of the employee connection he qualified for either, including a money factor of near .0025. When we did the numbers, leasing for his new Fusion came in thousands of dollars less than buying, and at the end of 3 years he can buy it and still spend thousands less than if he had bought it up front.

I strongly recommend you read the different leasing posts on the forum, read the information on the internet, and understand all financial perspectives before leasing.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/good-...375246/index2/

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/offic...8/#post3871894
The following 2 users liked this post by Ricktwuhk:
fordman77 (04-27-2017), Xlt5 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 273 Likes on 189 Posts

sorry, you can't afford it.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Im going to go the other way on this..if you can make it work why would you not lease? Why buy a new truck and eat 20k in depreciation over the first few years of its life...why not just pay that depreciation..and then turn it in for a new one in 3 years.

You say people lease to get something they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford...your right..but let's be honest cars/truck have gotten really expensive and people are pushing terms farther and farther. If everyone bought cars they could "Afford" 80 percent of us would be driving around in Focuses and Fiestas. Things have changed..the time of being able to viably finance a car for 4 years just isn't realistic anymore for most people. Its much better to lease a car for 3 years than it is to finance one for 6 or more!!, yikes.

How does buying a depreciating asset make financial sense, you can't write that depreciation off like if it was a business asset. Buying only makes sense if you're the type of person that keeps their vehicles for a long time...if you don't, or if you basically know you're always going to have a payment, or are ok with always having a payment, leasing is a good option. You never have to worry about anything, you're never going to get buried ....drive it for 2 or 3 years, take care of it then turn it in and do it again.

All that said the best bet here is to probably buy used...nice low mileage trucks 2 or 3 years old...they're mostly all lease turn ins anyway, so usually maintained. The issue with that is your payments going to be as much as a least payment on a new truck..but you get to keep it. You're still financing it for 5 or 6 years though at that point most likely...but at least you don't have to eat all the depreciation.

Last edited by loki993; 04-27-2017 at 09:05 AM.
fordman77 (04-27-2017)