Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fading / Painting Bushwacker Fender Flares?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fading / Painting Bushwacker Fender Flares?

Hello,

I've recently purchased a set of Bushwacker Fender Flares (OE style) for my 2015 Ford F-150. My truck is tuxedo black (black with metallic flake) and I'm trying to figure out if I should have the fender flares painted. I'll be having work done on the vehicle (repainting the hood and front panels around the headlights) so the shop will have the color-matched paint on hand and ready. From what I've read and understood, the Bushwacker flares do not tend to oxidize and fade as much as other brands but still do over time. Should I have these painted? I figured I originally wouldn't seeing as any rocks thrown up would chip the painted flares, but I really do not want fading from the sun. I'm just not sure and can't make my mind up but the shop will have the paint mixed anyways so now would be the time to do it. On my Vette I'd use 303 UV protectant for the plastic trim and it seemed to work well, but I have no experience with fender flares. I'd prefer mine painted, but don't want chips from rocks (running stock 20" Wranglers -- hitting the occasional dirt road but mostly city + interstate commuting). What's your guys opinion when it comes to flares? Painted or just left matte black?

Thanks.

Name:  7eYoevG.png
Views: 13
Size:  503 Bytes

Last edited by RoadTrackRT; 04-19-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:34 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Just my own personal opinion, but I would want them painted the same color as your truck.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:02 AM

Received 902 Likes on 590 Posts

Painted for sure. My stock FX4 flares I had on my '11 black FX4, I removed and bought a set of the smooth flares and painted. Looked soooo much better.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 885 Likes on 673 Posts

$400+ for OE style flairs? Ouch.

Quick Reply: Fading / Painting Bushwacker Fender Flares?