General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 standard vs. non-standard equip

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default F150 standard vs. non-standard equip

Hello, new guy here with what is hopefully not a dumb question. I'm getting ready to buy a 2012 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost but I'm a little confused on a specific equipment feature. The question is this: On the Ford website, where it lists standard vs. non-standard features, it lists the 4.2-inch LCD productivity screen (which provides fuel economy/towing info/off road data) as an option and not standard. I thought this LCD productivity screen was standard ... ? It looks like you have to purchase what they call the "Convenience Package" to get this. This LCD display with the fuel economy data is a big selling point to me and I really want it in my truck - but is it going to cost me an extra fortune for this "Convenience Package" just for this feature? Maybe you have to have the max tow package to get it ... ? Which I don't really need and wasn't planning on getting.

Anyway, this part is a bit confusing to me. Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!

David

Last edited by djr7572; 04-28-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd check the price for the package on the Ford website. I agree you you will want that screen. Its well worth it for trip meter, truck apps (the trailer one), fuel economy, and settings.

I have the 2112 Ecoboost engine its awesome for engine performace. My take on that engine is if you drive it like a V6 it will give you great gas milage. If you drive it towing, or with your foot in the turbos (which is fun as h***) it will dip drastically in mpg. BUT it gives you all the torque you need like a big V8 when you need it. I like the compromise. That screen will let you know when you are doing either type of driving. My .02
Old 05-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiorum3
I'd check the price for the package on the Ford website. I agree you you will want that screen. Its well worth it for trip meter, truck apps (the trailer one), fuel economy, and settings.

I have the 2112 Ecoboost engine its awesome for engine performace. My take on that engine is if you drive it like a V6 it will give you great gas milage. If you drive it towing, or with your foot in the turbos (which is fun as h***) it will dip drastically in mpg. BUT it gives you all the torque you need like a big V8 when you need it. I like the compromise. That screen will let you know when you are doing either type of driving. My .02
Well, I ended up having to order my truck as I couldn't find one with the exact specs that I was looking for. And, as it turns out, you do have to purchase the "Convenience Package" to get the 4.2" LCD display. Evidently, Ford is running a special price on that package right now so I'm getting it for $550 vs. $1,000. I figured, why not ... I really want that LCD display.

I'll post pics of the truck as soon as I get it
Old 05-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by djr7572
Well, I ended up having to order my truck as I couldn't find one with the exact specs that I was looking for. And, as it turns out, you do have to purchase the "Convenience Package" to get the 4.2" LCD display. Evidently, Ford is running a special price on that package right now so I'm getting it for $550 vs. $1,000. I figured, why not ... I really want that LCD display.

I'll post pics of the truck as soon as I get it
Welcome to the forum David, and congrats on the new truck. I agree that the LCD display is worth the money. Plus you get extras with the convienence package that are nice also, like SYNC, heated mirrors, and other goodies.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats on the new truck! To answer your earlier question, different things come standard depending on trim level. As you obviously already know now, the LCD screen is not standard on XLT trim, but I believe it is for every trim level above XLT.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cegan1825
Congrats on the new truck! To answer your earlier question, different things come standard depending on trim level. As you obviously already know now, the LCD screen is not standard on XLT trim, but I believe it is for every trim level above XLT.
Thank you!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Wanted33
Welcome to the forum David, and congrats on the new truck. I agree that the LCD display is worth the money. Plus you get extras with the convienence package that are nice also, like SYNC, heated mirrors, and other goodies.
Thank you! Yeah, I think it's worth it for the extra $550. I also threw is Satellite Radio. Might as well

Quick Reply: F150 standard vs. non-standard equip