Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expert Advice Needed. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Expert Advice Needed. Please Help!

The other day I bought a 1996 Ford F-100. It has the inline 6 engine. It has 68,000 miles. Anyway, as I was driving it home the check engine light came on. I took it to a friend who is a mechanic and he ran the codes and they came back The codes that are read are P0171 System to lean (Bank 1) P0174 System to lean (Bank 2) P0385 Crankshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Malfunction.. So, like and idiot, I spent over $300 and replaced both co2 sensors and the mass air flow. 5 miles down the road, the check engine light came back on. So, I turned around and had the codes read again. The same codes appeared again. And to compound the problem, it now has a real hard start when the engine is hot and shakes and shutters and feels like it's going to die and does this for about 20 seconds and then will finally start idling like it should. So, I went ahead and replaced the crankshaft position sensor and thought I'd finally fixed the problem, the check engine light stayed off and the hard starts were gone. I drove it for about 400 miles without any problems. Then yesterday the check engine light and hard starts were back. That is where I'm at now, the check engine light is still on with the same bank 1 and 2 lean codes and position sensor code. What is going on???? The codes that are read are P0171 System to lean (Bank 1) P0174 System to lean (Bank 2) P0385 Crankshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Malfunction Thank you in advance.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you replaced the CP sensor, but you need to check the rest of the wires and connection

Last edited by Ty; 02-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Expert Advice Needed. Please Help!