Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emission test in Texas Questions (Boss install)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emission test in Texas Questions (Boss install)

I checked the Forum for info on emissions testing but they seem to be dated, for Ecobost trucks and almost a year old. My F150 Scew has the Boss install, SCT tunes for the Boss, Flowmaster after cat and cold air intake mod’s. Its 2014 5.0L engine and I need to go and get the tag/emissions test done this month in Texas. So here are the standard sets of questions; Do I put in the stock tune before I go? Should I attempt the test without return to stock? If I go to stock do I need at least 20 to 50 miles before I go back for the test. Will the Boss affect the stock tune and the emissions test since 5 Star says it needs a tune to work correctly. I sure don’t want to have to pull the Boss just to pass the emissions test??
BobH
Old 01-08-2016, 10:51 AM

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

It'll pass without any issues. You're emissions system is still completely intact.

How are you liking the setup?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it just wish I had more options on the tunes. 5Star only gives you 3 for the Boss. If you have an EcoBoost you really need a tuner. When I first got my truck I loved the tunes I got from 5 Star but wanted a little more performance without going with a blower - opt'd for the Boss. When I step on it, it turns heads and moves out once you get past the 2K revs. I'd probably opt for for more of a Coyote setup next truck or if ever have to replace this engine. I'll let you all know what happens when I get the test next week.
Bobh

Quick Reply: Emission test in Texas Questions (Boss install)