Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

duplicolor metalcast

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duplicolor metalcast

Whats up fella's,
Just curious if anyone has used duplicolors metalcast paint http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalCast/ ? I saw an ad for it the other day and just checked it out online. I am thinking of painting my oem chrome rims with the smoke since my 05 screw is grey. Has anyone had any luck or experience with this product??? + =
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

So I bought a Chrome brush guard, would of preferred black, but it was only $150 and pristine condition, so figured could paint it.

looking into it, I stumbled on the Metalcast Smoke stuff. So figuring I could try it and if doesn't work paint it later, I went ahead and ordered it.

While I was waiting for it to arrive, wanted to see if anyone has used it on big item stuff, all I could find was emblems and small stuff, and utube videos were too grainy. If so, post some pics to give me a better idea.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Brianm825

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Any bites here? I'm looking to darken some chrome pieces; I like the "dark billet" look and wondering if anyone has had any success with this stuff.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used it on some fishing reel parts, it was hard to get it even on the small parts, I do not know if something bigger would be easier or harder to get even but it is pretty durable when clear-coated. I thought I had some pictures of the parts but I cannot find them anywhere
Old 12-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Brianm825

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Imavol
I have used it on some fishing reel parts, it was hard to get it even on the small parts, I do not know if something bigger would be easier or harder to get even but it is pretty durable when clear-coated. I thought I had some pictures of the parts but I cannot find them anywhere
I'm having a hell of a time finding the stuff (in Canada; seems like its as rare as Plasti-Dip, which took me months to find) but when I get my hands on some I'll try it out on a few parts big and small.

Quick Reply: duplicolor metalcast