General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount Screwing & A Dealer Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Discount Screwing & A Dealer Surprise

I have a 12/Screw - came out yesterday after work, Driver Side Front tire almost flat & low pressure flag on the LCD display. Went to Discount Tires had a small hole in the outermost tread / almost sidewall but not quite. Discount tire not fixable / need a new one. Told them to put a new one on the truck - Sorry we don't have that Michelin Tire in Stock and they would order it & have it in 3 days and that will be Approx. $350- "Damn".

I said check my spare I think its a full size & same as the rest of the Truck-
They did and it was. OK put the spare on my Truck Mag & sell me a cheap tire for the Spare & mount & balance everything Thy say no problem that will only be $225.00 "DAMN" I paid and they started then I had a bright idea and called my Dealer "SAM PACK FORD , Dallas TX" and asked if I was covered for Road Hazard, Told me to come on down and they would fix it.

Canceled the discount Tire / put the spare on - asked for money back( still not clear at the bank yet) and went to the Ford Dealer . They installed a new matching tire & billed me $.0000000 ( WOOHOO )

Asked how long am I covered for - 5 years & it don't matter what kind of tires I have on the truck . And he also told me when I buy tires he will match any price I find advertised.

I have been into my dealer 4 Times :1) Buy the Truck/ 2) oil changes & Tire rotation's / 1) Tire Replacement

All 4 times were Fine / even the buying of the truck . I love my Truck and have no complaints for it or the Dealer.

But There sure was a FINE Tricolor Limited on the lot that was shining in the Sun, Just didn't think I could talk my wife into the Limited just because I had a Flat Tire( DAMN )

That's my story & I am sticking to it
The following users liked this post:
Legendsk (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:29 PM
LONE STAR

Received 629 Likes on 432 Posts

That's a good story. Those Limited's are sweet
Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

But Dear,their Limited ,might be my only chance....

Quick Reply: Discount Screwing & A Dealer Surprise