Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital gauge setup question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 06:21 AM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Digital gauge setup question.

I have searched the manual but fail to find my answer.

How do I get the top four gauges, oil pressure, coolant temp, fuel and drive train temp, to show the digital number above the gauge.

I have seen several members images with digital equivalent shown just above the corresponding gauge?

Right now the only thing that shows in digital in the miles remaining above the fuel gauge, want this on all the top gauges.

Help me if you can.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2018, 06:49 AM

Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts

With Forscan you can do this -

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/
Old 10-21-2018, 09:23 AM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Not a lot of changes wanted here. I think I will make a short list and get Ford to adjust when in for it’s first oil change. I did the OBD thing when I owed the Audi and never used it again so I am not sure if the Forescan thing is something I want to invest in.
The following users liked this post:
tugboat1959 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-21-2018, 10:13 AM
Old Fart

Received 1,220 Likes on 855 Posts

Actually ForScan is free, you just need the adapter to let your laptop talk to the truck.
tugboat1959 (10-21-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Understood. But again, I only have a few items to change and will get Ford to so it at service.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by greggebhardt
Understood. But again, I only have a few items to change and will get Ford to so it at service.
Good luck with that....unless you have an uncharacteristically competent and helpful dealer. I had to jump thru flaming hoops to try to get one simple menu change in my IPC module, and ended up having to go "around" the service desk and weasel my way into the service bay to talk with one of the mechanics. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:15 PM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Originally Posted by icantdrive55
Good luck with that....unless you have an uncharacteristically competent and helpful dealer. I had to jump thru flaming hoops to try to get one simple menu change in my IPC module, and ended up having to go "around" the service desk and weasel my way into the service bay to talk with one of the mechanics. Let us know how it turns out.
I talked to my dealer and they told me to make a list and if they had the capability, they would make what ever changes I wanted. The company I own has bought over 12 Fords from them in the last two years.

It is short:

No seat belt warning for front seats.

Flasher from 3 to 8 blinks.

Numeric gauge read outs above analog gauges.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by greggebhardt
I talked to my dealer and they told me to make a list and if they had the capability, they would make what ever changes I wanted. The company I own has bought over 12 Fords from them in the last two years.

It is short:

No seat belt warning for front seats.

Flasher from 3 to 8 blinks.

Numeric gauge read outs above analog gauges.
I can tell you the only thing they can do out of the box is disable the seatbelt chimes. They would need to do the same thing you would do with Forscan for the other 2 (it is actually harder to do with their IDS software), given that they know the correct bits to change. Unless the dealer tech hangs out on this forum and keeps up with the Forscan sticky, they won’t know what to change manually.
rotorbudd (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 10:14 AM

Received 222 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by nerdh3rd

I can tell you the only thing they can do out of the box is disable the seatbelt chimes. They would need to do the same thing you would do with Forscan for the other 2 (it is actually harder to do with their IDS software), given that they know the correct bits to change. Unless the dealer tech hangs out on this forum and keeps up with the Forscan sticky, they won’t know what to change manually.
Yup. ^^^ This. ^^^ I haven't used FORScan, but the tech at Ford can't change just the specific digits to make changes in the module. He'll have to wipe the entire module coding out and hand-enter each line of code individually. When I made my change, I stood with him and read the code lines as he typed them into the module. Don't quite understand the reasoning behind this as it greatly increases the likelihood of keystroke errors, but...oh well. And as mentioned above, the techs will most likely NOT KNOW the coding for the specific changes you want. Make sure you take the exact code sequence you want to change, and you should also take a print-out of the "as built" module codes as well, since you'll need that to fill in the rest of lines you DON'T change.

And once again, many thanks to Livinitup for schooling me on the ins-n-outs of FORScan.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:53 PM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Just got off my phone with my dealer and he does indeed use FORScan. He insisted he had done it many times and it would be done at my oil change and recall in a few months.

Quick Reply: Digital gauge setup question.