General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference Between XL Sport & XL STX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 10:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Difference Between XL Sport & XL STX

I'm looking at getting a new F150 and I'm wondering what the main differences between the two packages are. I also know that to get the STX package, the XL sport has to be selected.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Just a gearhead

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

The XL sport is what I have but with factory upgrade 20" wheels. I think the STX just adds privacy glass, 20's, different grill, and a center console.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:31 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

We have an XL STX with sport package.....and love it.
4x4, 3.5EB Screw.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:42 AM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

The XL sport is what I have but with factory upgrade 20" wheels. I think the STX just adds privacy glass, 20's, different grill, and a center console.
That's correct. The STX includes the Sport package.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The STX adds 20 inch wheels, fancier grille, privacy glass, upgraded seats (the sport cloth seats from the XLT sport), manual lumbar adjustment, the center console (but keeps the column shifter) and Sync 3 (big touchscreen - does not include Sirius radio). These are on top of the XL sport package features. Any other options on a XL sport would also be options on the STX, so things like the backup camera, running boards, elocker are not included.

The STX package is the cheapest way to get SYNC 3, I think you have to go to XLT 302a otherwise. I just bought an STX, and was surprised that SYNC 3 didnt include the backup camera or SAT radio as standard.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Blknblumark
The STX adds 20 inch wheels, fancier grille, privacy glass, upgraded seats (the sport cloth seats from the XLT sport), manual lumbar adjustment, the center console (but keeps the column shifter) and Sync 3 (big touchscreen - does not include Sirius radio). These are on top of the XL sport package features. Any other options on a XL sport would also be options on the STX, so things like the backup camera, running boards, elocker are not included.

The STX package is the cheapest way to get SYNC 3, I think you have to go to XLT 302a otherwise. I just bought an STX, and was surprised that SYNC 3 didnt include the backup camera or SAT radio as standard.
That's weird, I just picked up an stx and mine has the backup camera and SAT radio. They did call this the "NEW ENGLAND" edition at the dealership (not sure where you are from) but I figured every region had something similar.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mags3290
That's weird, I just picked up an stx and mine has the backup camera and SAT radio. They did call this the "NEW ENGLAND" edition at the dealership (not sure where you are from) but I figured every region had something similar.
Thats entirely possible that its regional. I live in the Washington DC area and noticed that identical STXes had different MSRPs between Maryland and Virginia, and adding the backup cam was $250 option.

I also noticed Ford's website configurator lists the sliding rear glass as 'included' on STXes, but i couldnt find one anywhere that had it. They all have the rear defrost, but not the sliding window.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My 2017 XL Sport has rubber floor covering instead of carpet.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

I have an XL STX and I have sync3, backup camera, and sat radio.......

Originally Posted by Blknblumark

Old 07-22-2017, 04:48 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

carpet in the XL STX is a $145 option.

Originally Posted by NightWing
My 2017 XL Sport has rubber floor covering instead of carpet.