General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperate Advertising.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 10:12 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Default Desperate Advertising.

I would like to apologize in advance for what you are about to see.

This may be a brand new Chevy “real people” commercial, but the effect is and will always be the same. Your eyes and ears will bleed.
A good chunk of the American population has been subjected to one of the most horrendous advertising campaigns ever. No, I’m not talking about commercials promoting the “Kardashians” reality TV show, but something even more cringe-worthy — the Chevy “real people” commercials.

Brush up on advertising strategies, and you’ll learn that crafting relatable campaigns is a good thing. After all, you want your targeted customers to identify with you and your products. That’s exactly what Chevy has been doing for the past year or two with these commercials — targeting people who’ll basically believe anything they see on TV, and therefore buy an inferior truck.

We’ve seen Chevy put bears in cages, drop thousands of pounds of rocks into an unprotected truck bed, and even take samples of “damaged” aluminum F-150 beds to auto shows across the nation. The truth is, they’re just desperate.

How desperate? Just watch this new commercial Chevrolet just launched, featuring several “real people” who claim to own a Ford F-150. After a brief introduction, a camouflaged pickup truck shows up on the scene, just like the one we broke the news about some time ago. Remember, the Chevy test mule that sported a fake “Blue Oval?”

We’re warning you, what you’re about to watch is painful. Brace yourselves, folks.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles...do-commercial/

Last edited by gregsf150stx; 07-22-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Well whatever it is the Silverado and Sierra combined is close to sales of the F150 YTD. GM stock is also doing far better. The margins between these trucks is so close many times it's personal preference.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Nobody makes a bad truck. Really, it's true. You can't go wrong with any, but you can go a little better with some.

However, some do make god awful advertising campaigns features a bunch of actual actors and half assed comparisons all hosted by a creep who hopefully gets paid well for his awful scripts he has to deal with.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Funny how you don't see Ford attack commercials on the competition,... most likely because there is NO competition.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:34 AM

Received 254 Likes on 210 Posts

Only key things highlighted were: built in bumper step and a steel bed.

Well, that built in step is great if you have small feet. Big feet with big boots, good luck.

Steel bed? What's wrong with aluminum? The only time Ford trucks with aluminum beds that actually had punctures were by Chevy. How many "real world" experiences have y'all heard of actually puncturing the bed? In my book, so far none.

Ford doesn't attack Chevy trucks because Ford F-150 is outselling Silverado/Sierra and is also the No 1 sold vehicle in American. Beat that Jack.

Funny how these so called F150 owners in the commercial saying that they may be switching to Chevy. Because of a built in bumper step and still having a steel bed? Those "real actors" are driving a Prius if they are that easily swayed.

Note, Chevy is going aluminum as well but because of their "aluminum bed attacks," they will most likely keep the bed steel.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

Chevy originally made fun of Ford's tailgate step. Back when they didn't even have the bumper step.

This happens to be one of my favorite features and one that constantly impresses people. Literally every time I dropped off things at thrift stores or pickup my wife's latest FB swap finds someone will comment on how useful it is.

And now they've filed a patent for their own tailgate step?

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/02/...gate-step.html
Old 07-23-2017, 05:24 AM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Old 07-23-2017, 06:17 AM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The bumper step is a nice touch, but it is isn't anything significant. The steel bed is no different. What consumer is going to base their decision on these? Most consumers either want safety or performance and the F-150 is world's away from Chevrolet at this point in the game. Look at the Silverado's small overlap rating on IIHS.

GM sells trucks in part because they discount the hell out of them. There is a current commercial in my area that claims 25% off MSRP on some 2017 Silverados.

I am partial to Silverados. I wish GM would catch up--if they would, I would be gone in a minute. My experiences from Ford, their regional reps, and local reps have been absolutely horrible.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, advertizing can be different
Old 07-23-2017, 07:14 AM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

Their mask has round wheel wells lmao.
The following users liked this post:
gregsf150stx (07-23-2017)