General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom wiring

I bean looking how to rewire my fog lights into the stock system and found a thread on filling down the ramp on the control switch. I had a thought to simply switch the heat light and fog lights wires on the control switch. If I'm right that will only affect which light comes on when. Is this correct?
Old 10-16-2015, 12:08 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

1) HINT/TIP[/size]: Put your vehicle information in your sig' -OR- provide it in your posting(s).
2) HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the
< year of your F-150 >
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by F150 monster
I bean looking how to rewire my fog lights into the stock system and found a thread on filling down the ramp on the control switch. I had a thought to simply switch the heat light and fog lights wires on the control switch. If I'm right that will only affect which light comes on when. Is this correct?
What year is your truck? Can you please rephrase what your attempting to do. I'm not following your intent.

Are you adding fog lights to a truck that didn't have them but want to use the OEM switch?

Why would you want to switch the switch wires for the headlights and fog lights?

You got to be careful about swapping wires. Many trucks (my F150 included) the fogs only come on with the low beams. Swapping wires can be problematic unless you know how the circuit works.

Quick Reply: custom wiring