General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code p0452

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code p0452

My truck it an f150 v6 i got a code p0452 they tell me it was the ftp(fuel tank pressure) i want to know how does it look like and where does it goes
Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Code p0452
Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a bad gas cap or not on right, but from what I remember thats a different code. From what I find thats an EVAP code. There is an EVAP canister that is supposed to safely vent the gas tank without letting gas fumes into the air and they become clogged and unable to vent correctly, which throws the code. You wont experience and driveability issues, its just your vehicle will not pass emissions testing if you need it to. Its possible to remove the canister and clean it which may help get rid of the code for good, but just cleaning it its possible it will come back or not fix it at all. The problem is they are still vented under the vehicle, so the vent tube gets a bunch of dust and debris in it that clogs the canister, its seen a lot on vehicles that drive gravel roads.

If you can clean it and it goes away, great. If not, probably have to buy a new canister to install. Best thing to do either way after its fixed is get a good long length of rubber hose, connect to the stock vent line, and run it up to under the hood near the bottom of the engine so it won't get any dust or debris in it again. This is what the dealer I worked at always did for any EVAP repairs and have never had one come back with a problem after that. Even a new one if the vent is left stock underneath will eventually plug again.

Thats a normal evap canister. its usually underneath right next to the gas tank. Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps you.

Last edited by jayson_waltz; 09-15-2011 at 10:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
zkidd91 (04-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Code p0452