Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control - no passenger heat, only cold air. Driver heat works fine.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Climate control - no passenger heat, only cold air. Driver heat works fine.

So, it is getting cold here in Denver and yesterday I discover the heater/climate control is not working correctly in our 2010 F-150 Platinum.

For the driver side, heat works perfect, but the passenger front, and the back seat area vents are all blowing cold. It doesn't matter if I have 'dual' mode on or not, nor does it matter if I have the passenger setting cranked all the way up, the floor vents, the two dash vents on passenger side, and the rear vents all blow cold.

I have done everything I can think of to try and reset the controls, short of disconnecting the battery. I have cycled the system completely off, messed with every control setting, but only the driver side vents produce heat.

I have already called the dealer, and am bringing it in to them tomorrow, but I wanted to share here, and see if anyone else has seen this happen. Hopefully it will just be a simple relay they need to replace, and it isn't a problem with my entire Sync system.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback. Thanks!
The following 2 users liked this post by dkpeppard:
Rabalais (01-21-2020), SGC63 (11-17-2020)
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Received 243 Likes on 122 Posts

Sounds like a blend door problem. Not an easy fix.

Richard
The following users liked this post:
SGC63 (11-17-2020)
Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrgooden

Richard
What does that mean, exactly? A problem with my Sync system and touch panel, or more of a mechanical issue under the dash?
Old 11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Originally Posted by dkpeppard

What does that mean, exactly? A problem with my Sync system and touch panel, or more of a mechanical issue under the dash?
It is the door behind the dash that directs air flow, I believe electrical motor. The entire dash just about has to be pulled if that us the case.

Richard
SGC63 (11-17-2020)
Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM

It is the door behind the dash that directs air flow, I believe electrical motor. The entire dash just about has to be pulled if that us the case.

Richard
Thanks.

We'll see what the dealer says tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Richard
Well,

Looks like you may be right. The dealer just called and said 'it looks like the blend motor' which is up behind the glove box, and not a quick repair.

They did say it will be covered under extended warranty, which is good. They also offered us a loaner, which we are going to pick up in a bit. They think they will need the truck a couple days for repair.

I will update as I get more info.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
USN Retired 1992-2012

Well,

Looks like you may be right. The dealer just called and said 'it looks like the blend motor' which is up behind the glove box, and not a quick repair.

They did say it will be covered under extended warranty, which is good. They also offered us a loaner, which we are going to pick up in a bit. They think they will need the truck a couple days for repair.

I will update as I get more info.
Shame that is the problem, but hooray for extended warranty. I'D never buy a vehicle without it. I have it and mechanical repair through my insurance company. So if Ford denies a warranty, I'm still set. Look forward to the update, WOOT on the loaner!

Richard

Trending Topics

Old 11-07-2013, 05:38 PM

Shame that is the problem, but hooray for extended warranty. I'D never buy a vehicle without it. I have it and mechanical repair through my insurance company. So if Ford denies a warranty, I'm still set. Look forward to the update, WOOT on the loaner!

Richard
Got the loaner now. Nothing fancy, but it will do. Mazda 5.

Dealer says it will likely be Monday before our truck is done, based on parts needed, and such.

They have always treated us right, and have always done spectacular work on both this F150, and our Mustang, so I have every confidence they will do a good job. I don't care if the job takes a week, as long as they do it right.

More updates to come.
mrgooden (11-07-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Dealer called last night. Good news and bad. The good news, it is the blend motor, not the blend door, and the part is in stock. Our truck will be done today.

The bad news, ends up it will not be covered under our extended warranty, and will cost $490 for the repair. Oh well. Our truck is almost four years old now and we have not had a single issue with it, so we won't balk at the repair cost. It could be worse.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts

Dealer called last night. Good news and bad. The good news, it is the blend motor, not the blend door, and the part is in stock. Our truck will be done today. The bad news, ends up it will not be covered under our extended warranty, and will cost $490 for the repair. Oh well. Our truck is almost four years old now and we have not had a single issue with it, so we won't balk at the repair cost. It could be worse.
Mine currently has the same problem but the drivers side only blows cold. Mine isn't covered under the extended warranty either.

Quick Reply: Climate control - no passenger heat, only cold air. Driver heat works fine.