General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cat back drone help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat back drone help

Hey everyone, new to the site in posting, couldnt find a thread of what im looking for, its probably there but cant find it lol

anyways, im running a 4.6L 2010 fx2 and went to get my exhaust done. i got a cat back exhaust, with a single straight pipe to the muffler, and then my dual exhaust. i love the way it looks, and sounds, my only problem is the cabin noise is wayyyyy to loud when im driving, and when im on my way to work it kills me.

I have only had this exhaust for 3 days, and called the shop, he said he can put in a resonator and will dramatically dampen the cabin noise, and keep the outside noise. he also suggested i wait a month to let the carbon build up inside and it will dampen, because its all brand new pipe.

any suggestions? should i wait it out, or just go and stick a resonator in

thanks!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

The resonator will definitely solve the issue or you can live with it for a month and see if it mellows out.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannafbody
The resonator will definitely solve the issue or you can live with it for a month and see if it mellows out.
my only concern is that the resonator will kill the sound i get out the back of my exhaust, because i like how it is now lol
Old 03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

If I guess you bought "Flow Master" would I be correct? Those thing are notorious for cabin drone. I wish I had an answer, but hopefully someone will be able to help. Good Luck

Quick Reply: cat back drone help