Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 2000 F-150 XLT super cab used - anyone know if this truck had keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a 2000 F-150 XLT super cab used - anyone know if this truck had keyless entry?

Good day, my name is Jeff and I just joined the forum, look forward to learning here from you all and making some forum friends! Found this nice truck second hand and am enjoying fix in her up. I am installing (2) Dorman door actuators tomorrow to get the locks working again. Does anyone known if this year XLT was keyless entry - or is there a way to figure out if it did? I only got (1) chip key from the fast talker I bought it from, would be nice if so! Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Well my '99 XLT has the key and a fob with lock and unlock buttons. You can get keys and fobs off E-bay. Problem will be programming with only one key.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:39 PM

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Mace
Good day, my name is Jeff and I just joined the forum, look forward to learning here from you all and making some forum friends! Found this nice truck second hand and am enjoying fix in her up. I am installing (2) Dorman door actuators tomorrow to get the locks working again. Does anyone known if this year XLT was keyless entry - or is there a way to figure out if it did? I only got (1) chip key from the fast talker I bought it from, would be nice if so! Thanks in advance for the help!
Easiest way to tell is by cycling the ignition key on-off-on 6 or 8 times ending in the on position, can't remember exactly how many times, the door locks will cycle if you do have keyless entry as that puts it in programming mode for key fobs, as for programming another key to start the truck with you will have to find someone with the right computer equipment, or the dealer to program that.

Once in fob programming mode press any button on the first fob, the locks will cycle, then press any button on subsequent fobs and the locks will cycle each time up to a maximum of 4 I think. Turn the key off and the locks will cycle a final time to let you know programming was successful.

You can buy replacement fobs from this link, http://www.keylessride.com/default.asp

Quick Reply: Bought a 2000 F-150 XLT super cab used - anyone know if this truck had keyless entry?