General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A big thank you!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile A big thank you!

I always come here to see if I can find help when I have an issue with my F150. Well the last couple of weeks my '05 FX4 has been stumbling and sputtering at low RPM's under slight acceleration. I read that the spark plugs may be causing the issue and /or the coil packs. I replaced the coil packs late last year so it was down to the plugs. I got Motorcraft plugs as recommended and ran Techron through the tank of gas to get rid of the carbon. As I removed the coil packs I would blow out the plug hole with compressed air and then squirt some Kroil, (love this stuff), down in around the plug and let it set for a few minutes. The engine was hot also. I removed all 8 plugs without breaking any!!! I applied copper never seize from Loctite when installing the new plugs. Without reading these tips before I took this on I'm sure I would have had a bigger more costly job. Thanks for all the guidence and tips people!! By the way, the truck feels like a new truck again!! No hesitation and no sputtering!

Last edited by Renatta; 04-25-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: adding more info

Quick Reply: A big thank you!