General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad u-joint

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bad u-joint

i had thought i had a problem with my clutch now im courous. i think my u joint is bad. i hear the clicking/ clunking noise every time i go to shift but not when im in a gear. now when i push the clutch in i hear a squeek/chirping noise which is made when the ujoints go bad. when the truck clunks/clicks i can actually feel it below me and in the gas pedal when it happens. and also when im around houses or under and over pass i hear a faint clicking noise that changes with the speed of the truck. i crawled underneeth the truck and pushed up and side to side and the front one did move a little. the back one dont move at all.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 AM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It does sound a lot like a bad u-joint to me.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd change the U-Joints anyways, alot cheaper and quicker fix then trying to mess the clutch.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the heavy duty u-joints, replace all of them go ahead and do it save yourself trouble in the future they run any where from 8-20 dollars a piece depending on maker and store. you can take everything off replace and put back together in 2-5 hours if you know what your doing. Simple to do find a buddy to help you or somebody that knows, if you cant find anybody dont risk messing something up go get it done professionally.

Quick Reply: bad u-joint