General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with Runningboardwarehouse.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Bad experience with Runningboardwarehouse.com

I purchased a set of running boards from Runningboardwarehouse.com on 10/29. The boards arrived in less than a week. The brackets and hardware shipped separately. Multiple phone calls, e-mails, and excuses later and they have them drop shipped in overnight. Open the box and mounting bolts are missing. Multiple phone calls and e-mails later and still have not received my missing parts. I spend $491 with this seller. Nice to see that this is how they treat customers. Ended up going to the dealer and spending another $30 on oem hardware. Worse sales experience ever.

I cannot in good faith recommend this seller.
The following users liked this post:
MrLunchbox (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Makes you wonder how businesses like that survive.

And then, in a while, you notice that they don't.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

Sounds like a good case for calling your credit card company and starting a charge back.

Last edited by Brand; 11-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:05 AM
'97 F150 V8 4.6L

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Well, we only have one side of the story. If the mounting kit shipped separately perhaps that was a separate order? Does it say what's in the mounting kit? The holiday might explain slow communications. I just don't accept everything as gospel on the net, I've had lies posted about my business and read others I knew were lies too. I'm not saying that's the case here, just don't know.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by RangoWA
Well, we only have one side of the story. If the mounting kit shipped separately perhaps that was a separate order? Does it say what's in the mounting kit? The holiday might explain slow communications. I just don't accept everything as gospel on the net, I've had lies posted about my business and read others I knew were lies too. I'm not saying that's the case here, just don't know.
I placed ONE order for running boards and mounting kit. The mounting kit was shipped separately because they didn't have it in stock. They placed a second order for the mounting kit and that supplier didn't have it in stock either. I finally got the kit from a third supplier. It stated clearly on the website that mounting brackets and hardware were included in the mounting kit. Kinda pointless not to include the hardware. I never said anything about "slow communication", so that's not relavent here.

But thanks for your opinion and input.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:44 AM
'97 F150 V8 4.6L

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Unknown_eyes
I placed ONE order for running boards and mounting kit. The mounting kit was shipped separately because they didn't have it in stock. They placed a second order for the mounting kit and that supplier didn't have it in stock either. I finally got the kit from a third supplier. It stated clearly on the website that mounting brackets and hardware were included in the mounting kit. Kinda pointless not to include the hardware. I never said anything about "slow communication", so that's not relavent here.

But thanks for your opinion and input.
You said multiple phone calls and emails. That means a period of time to me, not that they didn't answer either. Yes, I imagine mounting brackets and hardware would be included in a mounting kit. Talk to the owner or at least the manager after the holyday settles down. They may be unaware.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by RangoWA
You said multiple phone calls and emails. That means a period of time to me, not that they didn't answer either. Yes, I imagine mounting brackets and hardware would be included in a mounting kit. Talk to the owner or at least the manager after the holyday settles down. They may be unaware.
Thanks, will do!