General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Am I missing something?

So, I just ran my first vehicle report and well...I'm confused.

When I log onto the Ford website I get information about my truck. No recalls and that everything is A-OK...so I run the report. Get the email and the information is literally the same. To the letter. Like it was copied word for word from the website.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that the report is saying my truck is A-OK. But I was expecting the report to give me a little more information other than:

1) Engine OK
2) Brakes OK
3) Fluids OK

etc...etc...etc....

I just find it funny that all the information I got from the report I could get from just logging into the website WITHOUT having to run the report. Seems kind of pointless to me. It couldn't tell me:

1) Engine OK (gives temps or vacuum or something other than OK).
2) Brakes OK 90%
3) Oil OK 98%

or something similar? I know with the brakes it'd be a bit difficult or damn near impossible but I was expecting more than, "OK".

So, did I miss a step to get a little more information out of the report or is this it?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Most of the things you're asking of it would probably have to be done manually. I've never run a report or anything but it's not gonna be an end all to physically checking your vehicle.

We all wish it was
Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 PM

I hadn't run one either and was curios to see what kind of information it gave. I was surprised to see that it provides little to no useful information.

I never thought it would be: the be all, end all; but I just think it's funny in that it provides almost NO useful information at all. Or at least nothing different than the website already provides. That's just it too; I get more information by checking the truck out myself. So, the vehicle report is kind of pointless; at least to me.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

I also doubt it's geared toward pickup owners either, probably geared for those that don't know how to physically check their vehicle. Probably also helpful for fleets to get a general report on the vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
TheTallest (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Set the parking brake and re-run the vhr, then you will see an error message that something is wrong with the brakes.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Set the parking brake and re-run the vhr, then you will see an error message that something is wrong with the brakes.

I didn't even think of that. I just might do that for the lulz since I probably won't ever be running another vehicle report since I can get a thousand times more information looking over the truck myself.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall
I also doubt it's geared toward pickup owners either, probably geared for those that don't know how to physically check their vehicle. Probably also helpful for fleets to get a general report on the vehicles.
This actually makes a lot of sense.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTallest
I didn't even think of that. I just might do that for the lulz since I probably won't ever be running another vehicle report since I can get a thousand times more information looking over the truck myself.
I found out about it the first day I brought the truck home and was checking her out, my driveway is on an incline so it's just 2nd nature for me to set the parking brake.

Well while I was exploring my new baby I started reading the owners manual, (go figure) and other literature and learned about how to run a vhr so I did and freaked out when it spit out the brake error.

So I decided to try again with the parking brake off and all was clear.

Quick Reply: Am I missing something?