General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost afraid to ask....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost afraid to ask....

I think about 90% of the Toyota guys hated it.... While the majority of the guys on the bass fishing forum I frequent, loved it :-) Keep in mind, I like "flashy, pretty, trucks too"..... but for my purposes, I think it might look great to have the truck look tough, and outdoors'y like the boat it will always be pulling....

Anyway, Ford guys seem a little more like real outdoorsmen.... fishermen, and hunters, so lets see....

Okay now, first let me show you a photo of my boat (I love my little boat :-) which will be pretty much permanently attached to my truck. (I have an economy car for my daily driving). Oh BTW, I don't hunt..... just a hard-core fisherman. And I just have this thing for natural camo :-)

Okay now, pay no attention to the "brand of truck" or the "style of the wheels" (although they do need to be black, no matter, as chrome doesn't work with camo)..... This photo is only to show you the styling idea.

The Shadow Grass kick panel is just a 3M vinyl, removable decal material. A kick panel kit like this is only about $80 from BPS or Cabelas.

Anyway, I took the pedastal seat out of my boat yesterday morning, brought it down to the Ford dealership, and set it next to an F150 with the new for 08' Stone Green paint (not even a hint of green to my eyes, but I think it's great looking paint all the same) and I thought it made a great match !

Any camo likers out there ?

Fish
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Give me a few minutes and I'll find a actual F150 with camo rocker's.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

paintjob looks cool, but put it on an F150. The Toyota guys hated it because they are just a bunch of wannabe douchebags and are the product of a bunch of peacenik hippies who drove toyotas in the '70s.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 04-23-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Hey Obusnizzle....

That was pretty funny :-)
That paint on the Toyota is called Pyrite Mica.... It's a nice color, but my research shows that if you look at the paint on the new Tundras wrong, it will chip and peel. Lots of paint problems over there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, as I had said, "not the wheels I showed you.... but black aftermarkets".

What do you guys think about these wheels I found last night, with the camo accented styling idea I showed ?

They are 20" American Racing, and will fit an F150.... Very hard to find solid black, 20" wheels BTW, and most the ones you do find, have the thinner, more fragile looking spokes. I want "beefy, tough looking spokes".

I'm starting to like these a lot...

Your thoughts ?

Peace,
Fish
Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fish Chris
That was pretty funny :-)
That paint on the Toyota is called Pyrite Mica.... It's a nice color, but my research shows that if you look at the paint on the new Tundras wrong, it will chip and peel. Lots of paint problems over there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, as I had said, "not the wheels I showed you.... but black aftermarkets".

What do you guys think about these wheels I found last night, with the camo accented styling idea I showed ?

They are 20" American Racing, and will fit an F150.... Very hard to find solid black, 20" wheels BTW, and most the ones you do find, have the thinner, more fragile looking spokes. I want "beefy, tough looking spokes".

I'm starting to like these a lot...

Your thoughts ?

Peace,
Fish

Love the camo idea looks great on the F-150 but not a big fan of the wheel selection I am just now starting to like black wheels but those are too solid if that makes any sense. But that my op, if you like those then get them I like the med. spokes myself.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Default Hey LoveTheTide....

Yours ??? I like it... But I prefer a "blacked out" (no chrome) truck, where camo is going to be used. It's hard to tell from the lighting angle, but is that truck like dark forest green ? I love green :-)

Hey, I was going to show this one in my starter post.... But didn't want people to look straight at the photo, and before realizing that "this is not" what I intend to do, start slamming the idea.....

I do think its kind of cool... but just a bit over the top. Looks good being "blacked out" though. I believe my kick panels will be enough.

Peace,
Fish
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Default Hey al73mustang....

Thank you. It's funny, the thing you don't care for with the rims, is the thing that I like the most :-) Like I have said, I see a lot of wheels (of all different finishes) which have these thin, spindly looking spokes.... I mean, I'm sure they are cad designed, to be strong enough.... But some of them just don't "look" strong enough....

Again, like I say, not a lot of 20", all black, F150 fitting, choices out there....

I was really liking these too..... Until I found out that they won't fit an F150 (or a Tundra, for that matter)
http://www.tiresdelivered.com/MO95729068712N.htm?MO957

Peace,
Fish
Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

alcoa makes camo rims that are SICK, take a look at them.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lol sorry bro! If I had my heart set on black I would go with these!

http://www.tiresdelivered.com/XD79529063318.htm

But then again thats just me its your truck u will have to look at it every day you know

Quick Reply: Almost afraid to ask....