General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ????

i was replaceing the battery cables and i noticed i have 3 i have a possitive a negitive and a idk does anyone have any idea what its 4 or maybe the owner be4 me tried 2 make it a 2 battery truck got halfway done then said screw it idk if yall could help me out its not an emergency or anything just it bothers me not knowing lol
Old 12-29-2010, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I recall from reading your other posts amongst some other threads, you said the previous owner installed some aftermarket audio equipment. This could be what is referred to as the Big 3. Its used to negate voltage drops that are caused by your aftermarket audio equipment when they are really sucking power. After some quick research, here is the 3 runs of wire you should have:

When doing this mod, 3 runs of wire will need to be installed. They are:
  1. Battery positive (+) to alternator - From the positive terminal on your battery to the alternator positive (+) post
  2. Engine block to chassis ground - From engine block to chasis. This is to strengthen the ground.
  3. Battery ground (-) to chassis ground - From the negative terminal on your battery to your car's chassis.
I hope I'm not way off base here.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that actualy sounds exactly right thanks 4 the help stuff like that bothers me and yea the dude hooked up a sick sound system with xm so thats most likly what it is sounds exactly right