General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 f150 4.6 upgrades needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 f150 4.6 upgrades needed

I have a 99 f150 with the 4.6 romeo engine that has 300,000 miles on it. I just aquired an engine and transmission out of a 96 cougar. romeo as well. I want to use the short block out of the cougar because it doesn't have many miles on it. Will it work? Shat about the trans? I'm pretty sure that the one in the truck is a 4w70 or whatever. Is it the same in the car? I want to get either a set of pi heads or hopefully a set from patriot perfomance with some good cams in em'. will it all work with my stock intake, injectors, all that stuff? What I want to have is an engine with stage II heads, better cams, headers, and a good intake that will jive with my computer that I plan on buying a programmer for. Any help that yall can give me about what will or wont work would be great. Also, are the patriot performance heads just pi's that have been ported? Don't know it it would be better to use maybe bare castings of pi's with my parts, and differnt cams, or, get a set of pi's with the gt cams, it they will work. Please direct in the right Direction> Thanks!

Quick Reply: 99 f150 4.6 upgrades needed