General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 Camara question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 Camara question

Hello all, I'm new. I posted in the "Introductions" forum and now I've got questions.

I'll post a picture at the end here. My new truck is a well-appointed Lariat I was looking at a Planume that was only slightly better and then I found this 22 that was being sold as used with only 135 miles on it, at Dodge dealership of all places. I saved 10K or more, for sure.
My question is I have the 360 Camara and I'm hoping to use the Pro Trailer feature I just ordered an ARE Cap, So will the bed cap/camper shell interfere with those features?

Old 03-13-2023, 09:17 PM

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

As long as you don't remove the tailgate or block the camera in the tailgate handle, you should be fine. The 360 degree uses cameras in the grill, mirrors, and tailgate to display a view of around the truck. The pro trailer assist uses the camera in the tailgate.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, I've been looking at videos of the Pro Trailer system and they all look like they are from the tailgate. I am hoping that Ford would have taken into consideration that people will be putting camper shells on the truck beds.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:16 AM
MAC

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Also most camper manufacturers put a window where the 3rd brake light Is located to still use that camera for the bed. My smart cap has one.

Quick Reply: 360 Camara question