Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 F150 Lariat - I found this 'loose' part in my truck - Do I need it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Default 2018 F150 Lariat - I found this 'loose' part in my truck - Do I need it?

Good morning F150 owners !

I have meant to post this several months ago.... but kept forgetting.

When I took delivery of my new F150 Lariat early September, I found a little plastic part stuck inside the 'crack' of my seat .... (no not THAT crack).... and I wasn't sure if the part was something that was related to 'shipping' and was meant to be thrown away, or if it was a part I actually need.

I figured I might get a quicker answer with less effort posting the part here rather than making a special trip to the dealer.

I am posting two photos of the same 'piece' I discovered.... both front and back side. Any thoughts on this? What the heck is it?

Thanks good people!

Old 01-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Received 113 Likes on 85 Posts

There is an old thread about this....seems it may be a protective cover for door wiring connection that is removed when wiring harness plug is installed.......I am sure someone can verify.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Friday (01-11-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Friday
Good morning F150 owners !

When I took delivery of my new F150 Lariat early September, I found a little plastic part stuck inside the 'crack' of my seat .... (no not THAT crack).... and I wasn't sure if the part was something that was related to 'shipping' and was meant to be thrown away, or if it was a part I actually need.

I figured I might get a quicker answer with less effort posting the part here rather than making a special trip to the dealer.

I am posting two photos of the same 'piece' I discovered.... both front and back side. Any thoughts on this? What the heck is it?

Thanks good people!

Originally Posted by bud150
There is an old thread about this....seems it may be a protective cover for door wiring connection that is removed when wiring harness plug is installed.......I am sure someone can verify.
Correct. This is just a plug cap that is discarded during assembly. It can be thrown away. Not needed...
Old 01-09-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

Vehicles have always been made with extra "unnecessary" parts. If you've ever taken anything on your vehicle apart and then put it back together again you will usually end up with some of these "unnecessary" parts left over.

I'd say that pic is one of them.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always have parts left over when I work on stuff .
chimmike (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks guys!! It is on it's way to the landfill... lol. Much appreciated.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:44 PM

Received 144 Likes on 92 Posts

Dude! You messed up! Do you have a young daughter? You coulda told her it was a tool tray for her Barbie dolls ! LOL

Old 01-23-2019, 05:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Joe Friday;6046407]Good morning F150 owners !

Thanks good people!

[

I was just reading my owners manual about removing the tailgate as I just bought a 2018 FX4 Sport XLT 5.0. and going to install the factory damping ram to slow the lowering of it when I get home. The manual says you have to unplug the electric locking mechanism plug under the right hand side bottom and there is a cap for it in the glove box. I noticed some part in mine when I took delivery of it but out of town working now and can not verify that. Could this have been for that?
Old 01-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I like that a tool tray for barbie...im thinking more of a barbie truck cleaning caddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken- truck dirty barbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JoeinGa (01-24-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

Based on the part number on the piece, I found that it is a 4 way seat connector cover.

Quick Reply: 2018 F150 Lariat - I found this 'loose' part in my truck - Do I need it?